“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Kuching
Kuala Belait, Brunei Darussalam
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

Very friendly, clean rooms and bathrooms, nice pool, on top of shopping centre, walking distance to main bazaar and museums. Free wifi in lobby. Absolutely one of the best hotels in a city I ever staid at.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

We stayed at the Pullman for 3 nights on honeymoon and were very pleased with our choice. The hotel is spotlessly clean and our deluxe room was fresh, spacious and comfortable with a great view over the City. The bathroom in particular was huge and very well appointed. Most importantly, however, the vast array of food laid out for the buffet breakfast was amazing - the best we experienced in the course of our holiday and we didn't need to eat again until the evening!

Although there was some slight difficultly when we arrived as the hotel had no record of our reservation, this was swiftly resolved and we found the service to be excellent.

The pool is large and clean with a pleasant paved area with a selection of poolside "bed" loungers and a bar. The gym was well equipped and maintained.

Although the hotel does not have a lot of atmosphere (being very modern) and basically a businessman's hotel, it was well located for exploring the sights of Kuching and for the restaurants in the evening. We would definitely return to the Pullman.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011 via mobile

Was upgraded from standard to deluxe room on arrival. The room was very spacious and everything is very new.

Breakfast - most enjoyable part of the stay. Very good spread and service and ambience is good.

Gym - good range of equipment and very spacious.

Spa - so so. We had a 1 for 1 promotion. If not for the promo, I feel the spa is not really value for money. Range of service could be improved and the ambience seems a bit clinical.

Improvements - no travel brochures placed at the hotel lobby and I realized the reception kept at the front desk on my last day. When we ask about what we can do in Kuching, the travel brochures weren't provided to us. This area could definitely be improved.

Overall an enjoyable stay at pullman

• Stayed May 2011
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

Each time I receive a fax, I have to call them despite instructions noted on the fax form for them to place it under my door. They do not follow instructions, and I have had to call down to the front desk each time I learned from someone that they had faxed something to me.

Each time they deliver things, they knock on the door and wake me up.

The chair in my room is broken and I waited forever to get it replaced.

The Internet plug fell out and they claimed they don't have plug that will fit a US computer after I insisted that they gave me one.

On my morning here, they neglected to make my morning call.

There is no bellman. The lobby is empty and there are no fresh flowers to give a fresh and nice feeling.

I went to the spa, but there was no one there. I waited at the front desk and waited for 10 minutes, but no one arrived to assist.

At the hotel restaurant, I asked for milk and it never arrived.

This is the worst hotel for a business traveler.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

Clean, spacious and new but service is average. The staff need training on service, courtesy and anticipating the needs of the guests. Breakfast selection was good but for the price paid, the service was poor - items ran out and were not replenished, no coffee or tea offered, used crockery not cleared etc etc. Swipe cards to the rooms hardly worked. Lobby was huge and we had to keep crossing it to validate our cards so that we could access the lifts. Rooms are not carpeted, amenities in rooms are below average. Central location, good swimming pool are the only highlights of this hotel.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

This is a new hotel. So it is very modern, and well maintained. The rooms are decently sized and I was upgraded so got a better room.

Since it is Kuching which is pre-dominantly a small town, it is a good fresh hotel. The hilton is nearby and so are other hotels. In fact the food in this hotel was better than the Hilton.

The breakfast is good and the restaurants are ok. The hotel has a small shopping mall attached with it. Staff try to be helpful.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Pullman Kuching? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Pullman Kuching

Address: No. 1A, Jalan Mathies, Kuching 93100, Malaysia
Location: Malaysia > Sarawak > Kuching
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Family Hotel in Kuching
#1 Luxury Hotel in Kuching
#1 Spa Hotel in Kuching
#3 Romantic Hotel in Kuching
#3 Business Hotel in Kuching
Hotel Class:5 star — Pullman Kuching 5*
Pullman Kuching is the newest addition to the 5-stars international brand in the city. Located in the heart of Kuching on top of the hill at Jalan Mathies, Pullman Kuching offers astonishing panoramic view of the city and the Sarawak River. The hotel is adjacent to a two storey city life-style shopping centre “Hills Shopping Mall” and within walking distance to commercial centre and city attractions. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Pullman Kuching reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Pullman Kuching Hotel Kuching
Pullman Kuching Sarawak

If you own or manage Pullman Kuching, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.