I stayed here at the beginning of June and was very pleasantly surprised. My room was a very reasonably priced large clean room based in a hotel just outside Kuching city centre. The hotel has a free shuttle which runs twice a day should you wish to go there and the staff can advise on where to go and what to see.
I had a room on the first (upper) floor of the verandah which was a good size with a comfortable, kingsize bed and good en-suite shower room. The breakfast, included with my room, and served in the restaurant/bar area was always very good and freshly cooked to order. The hotel also has a very good pool area which is maintained on a daily basis.
The staff on the front desk were very professional, polite and friendly. They organised tours (one girl in particular was excellent. I didn't catch her name but I got her and Zora mixed up who was also very good in organising my transport from the airport to the hotel).
Would stay here again as I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would also recommend it to others.
- Also Known As:
- Basaga Holiday Residences Hotel Kuching
- Basaga Holiday Residences Hotel
- Basaga Holiday Residences Kuching, Sarawak
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Basaga! Basaga is located in Kuching, the capital city of Sarawak in Malaysia on the island of Borneo, an island long known for its rich history, culture and eco-tourism. Our property is a truly unique hotel and travel accommodation concept with a great environment and almost resort-like relaxing atmosphere, unlike any that is currently available in the urban Kuching area. Nestled in a secluded, well wooded private property just a mere 7-minute drive away from the City center, Basaga features an exclusive number of 33 well-appointed rooms with full in-room amenities, an annex which houses a private dormitory and leisure facilities contained on the property grounds for our guests' convenience. Basaga's innovative room products and range of services can accommodate the varying needs of tourists and travelers, offering good service, private seclusion with great value for money. It’s more than just a hotel - it’s your residence while in Sarawak. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Basaga Holiday Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.