My husband and I and another couple stayed here during our 5-day visit to Kuching. In planning the trip we had excellent help and advice from Mildred via email. From being met at the airport, to help with restaurants, taxis, etc. everyone was most gracious. We spent two nights at Basaga, went to a longhouse one night, Bako National Park the next night, then returned to Basaga. Not only were we able to store our luggage during our excursions, but we were supplied a room at no charge in which to freshen up between excursions!
We had the rooms with the outdoor showers which were pleasant and spacious and away from any bar/restaurant noise. Breakfasts were fine and the meal we ate in the restaurant one night was very good. The bartenders were helpful to the point of keeping our own bottle of wine chilled for us!
We truly enjoyed Kuching, wandering the waterfront, visiting mosque and temples, exploring neighborhoods. Everybody was friendly and accommodating. We loved seeing the orangutans at Semmengoh, hiking through the jungle and getting a taste of longhouse life at Annah Rais, and watching families of monkeys at Bako National Park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Basaga! Basaga is located in Kuching, the capital city of Sarawak in Malaysia on the island of Borneo, an island long known for its rich history, culture and eco-tourism. Our property is a truly unique hotel and travel accommodation concept with a great environment and almost resort-like relaxing atmosphere, unlike any that is currently available in the urban Kuching area. Nestled in a secluded, well wooded private property just a mere 7-minute drive away from the City center, Basaga features an exclusive number of 33 well-appointed rooms with full in-room amenities, an annex which houses a private dormitory and leisure facilities contained on the property grounds for our guests' convenience. Basaga's innovative room products and range of services can accommodate the varying needs of tourists and travelers, offering good service, private seclusion with great value for money. It’s more than just a hotel - it’s your residence while in Sarawak. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Basaga Holiday Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Basaga Holiday Residences Hotel Kuching
- Basaga Holiday Residences Kuching, Sarawak