We stayed at the 360 hotel in Kuching for a week in December 2009 and found it to be an ideal base from which to explore the national parks and attractions of Sarawak. Here are some things to note:
* A one room apartment is L shaped and has enough room for 2 extra beds if travelling with children. You don't need to upgrade to a 2 bed apartment if you are on a budget.
* There are free laundry facilities which are very welcome in the Monsoon season but you need to take your own detergent
* There is a shopping center with resturants attached to the hotel which is useful for buying provisions.
* A taxi ride into town/waterfront cost us 10 ringets each way
* There is a great vegetarian buffet resturant directly opposite the hotel
* The Crown Shopping center, a 5 minute walk from the hotel has several great resturants including a very cheap chinese and a more expensive western style resturant. as well a sushi bar and traditional Malay resturant.
* The breakfast is very disappointing with soggy toast, plastic sausages and overdone eggs. Avoid it and make your own or go to the shopping centre.
* The staff were very helpful if a little overworked.
All in all, although not the Hilton or the Shearaton, and not in the center of the city, we found this a good 3-4* hotel with the essentials for keeping our 4year old and 9 year old happy - Disney channel, free internet and a swimming pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 360 Urban Resort Hock Lee Center located within 5 minutes distance from Kuching's Central Business District and offer the choice Two Towers namely Tower A and Tower B. The Tower A comprises 178 hotel rooms and suites while the Tower B offers 95 rooms and apartments and both tower offering the business and leisure traveler's sheer comfort while visiting the Capital city of Sarawak. Hotel facilities in the hotel include an expanded coffeehouse ( Horizon Cafe), 3 Mid size seminar rooms with seating capacity of 50 to 100 persons and a business center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your 360 Urban Resort Hotel Hock Lee Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 360 Urban Resort Hotel Hock Lee Center Kuching, Sarawak