“Value for money!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of 360 Urban Resort Hotel Hock Lee Center

You added 360 Urban Resort Hotel Hock Lee Center to your Saves list
360 Urban Resort Hotel Hock Lee Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Datuk Abang Abdul Rahim | Hock Lee Centre Hotel Tower, Kuching 93450, Malaysia   |
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Kuching
Sibu, Malaysia
“Value for money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed in Tower A. It was still pretty new and we enjoyed our 5 nights stay there.

Room size was adequate and it was still fairly new. One of those very few hotels whereby the pictures you see on their website is the same as the actual room!

Check in was fast and staff were friendly. There is an underground carpark for those who drive.

Guests can also use the washing machine and swimming pool located at Tower B.

The only negative experience was the breakfast. Given that the breakfast rate was inexpensive, I did not expect rows and rows of good quality food. However, I do expect the basics like nasi lemak, noodles, fruits and the all important, egg station. I asked for hard boiled eggs and it took the server 3 times and yet, still did not get it write.

First time, half boiled
Second time, raw!
Third time, still half boiled.

I gave up after that!

Other than that, we had good experience. If I need to stay in a place for 5 days or more AND have my own transport, I will be back again.

Not a good choice at all if you do not have your own transport as this hotel is not within walking distance to any decent shopping malls and definitely not near the famour Kuching Waterfront.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Letoyah_D, Guest Relations Manager at 360 Urban Resort Hotel Hock Lee Center, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear KohBee,

Thank you for writing regarding your recent stay with us and bringing your dissatisfaction to our attention.

Firstly, allow me to extend my sincerest apologies for not being able to meet your expectations in this occasion. I regret to see you faced issues with the negative breakfast experience. I assure you that this is very unusual and certainly not up to our standards. May I kindly ask you to contact me directly by my email letoya@360kuching.com regarding your negative experience as we would certainly like to make it right for you. We are also instituting a continuous program of customer satisfaction and hopefully that will improve the delivery of our customer services.

We are very pleased to know that your overall experience of staying in our hotel. Your highlights on our room facilities, fast check in and friendly staff, as well as washing machine and swimming pool are very much appreciated. Thank you for your valuable feedbacks and I will definitely share it with our hotel team members.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for having chosen 360 Urban Resort Hotel and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Letoyah Ding

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in tower A, the rooms are large and bathroom is big and very modern. Free wifi in rooms and free use of washing machines located in tower B (lvl 6 and 11). Pool is good and gym is good too. Very safe as you have to use key card to use the lifts. About 20 minute walk to the waterfront, chinatown is about 5 minutes away. Taxi is about 2-3 pounds to the waterfront. Lots of cinemas and places to eat and shop near the waterfront, check out the people busking on the waterfront in the evenings and get cheap dinner and drinks there too! Enjoy.

• Stayed June 2013
Letoyah_D, Guest Relations Manager at 360 Urban Resort Hotel Hock Lee Center, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear jojobean91,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking the time to share your review in Tripadvisor.com. It is indeed a pleasure to have you staying with us.

We are very pleased to know that your overall experience at our hotel and Kuching Tourism was a great one. Your highlights on our amazing spacious and modern rooms, with free Wi-Fi, free washing machines, swimming pool and gym are very much appreciated. We value your feedbacks and will definitely share it with our hotel team members.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Worst customer service ever. Not systematic. I wasnt given correct info abt the free shuttle service. Surrounding of the hotel is lyk an abandon city. Room is big but lots of mosquito. Ever never gonna stay here anymore.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Stefian,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your review in Tripadvisor.com. We would like to sincerely apologize for the shortcomings that you have encountered during your stay in our hotel.

We take note on your constructive comments about our poor customer service and giving the wrong information of our free shuttle service. We will take immediate action to inform the appropriate departments of the problems you have raised, as well as assuring that the mosquito incident to be eliminated.

In the meantime, please accept our sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. We are very sorry that you did not receive our normally high standards of service. If you wish to contact me, please do not hesitate to email me by letoya@360kuching.com.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Great place with good service. Airport shuttle as well as a free shuttle to the city centre available. Spacious clean rooms and nice bathroom. Hot water, air con and wifi runs perfectly. Stayed at tower A for 3 nights. Very helpful and friendly staff. Reasonably priced. Even has a washing machine and dryer in some of the floors and makes it convenient after a kayak trip!

Room Tip: Tower A is new.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Malalotus,

We are very pleased to know that your overall experience at our hotel was a great one. Your highlights on our amazing spacious clean rooms and nice bathroom with reasonable price, as well as helpful and friendly staff are very much appreciated. We value your feedbacks and will definitely share it with our hotel team members.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I booked 2rooms of the Exec Premier Twin (Tower A) which can sleep up to 4 pax per room.
Firstly, i'd like to compliment about the service they've provided us, they were great!!

Cheap airport transfer to the hotel, only about 15-20mins ride. Bellboy was very helpful. Great security as the hotel requires tenant to tap their key card in the lift to access to the rooms.
We requested for an extension for both rooms, initially, we are required to pay a small fee for the extension, however, my granny was on a wheelchair and therefore, they allow us to extend an hour for FREE!!!

Mistakes they made:
I spotted there was a stain on the towel.
The toilet door has got no lock. I'm not sure why.
I need to at least twice to check whether they upgraded my room.
Dropping them a call will be cheaper then sending them and e-mail to book for the rooms.
The shopping mall has got nothing interesting other than there is a really cheap Chinese restaurant, which only open at a certain timing.

If i were to return to Kuching, i'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Letoyah_D, Guest Relations Manager at 360 Urban Resort Hotel Hock Lee Center, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear g3rl,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking the time to share your review of your stay with us. We are very pleased to know that your overall experience at our hotel was a great one. Your highlights on our amazing bellboy service, airport transfer and the security system are very much appreciated.

Sincerely apologize for the disappointment from your constructive comments and there shall be corrective measures being taken to avoid recurrence of such. I will share your valuable feedback and concerns with the department heads for improvement. As for the toilet door or facilities, all rooms toilet doors do not have door lock attached as it is a new concept and design for our new wing in 360 Urban Resort Hotel.

Once again, we thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

My first time went to Kuching and choosing 360 urban as our accommodation. The premier twin queen bed room totally amazed me, I got super comfortable room with cheaper rate. It's just a few things management have to take note. Which is there's a big crack on my window, stained on my towels, sink water drained too slow and we need to pump using our hand. It's not nice for us who staying there for the first timer, and the worst part, why swimming pool open too late. Because as far as I concern they should open by 6am or 7am. By 9am its too late because that time the weather starts to hot. And the water was so dirty. By 9am they just started to do the cleaning and change water processed. Overall I just satisfied with my room type. The room worth for my money.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Halida_Idrus,

We are very pleased to know that your overall experience at our hotel was a great one. Your highlights on our amazing location, great room designs and facilities are very much appreciated.

Kuching, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Had over the months stayed at various category of rooms. Pricing wise is still comparatively cheaper than those in the '3 - 4 stars' category. Each room is furnished with all the basic room amenities. Room is quite spacious and the selection of interior decor are quite modern. Pretty comfortable with the deluxe family room. At the old block, the family apartment are comfortable and clean. Breakfast is adequate but don't expect much in selection and quality. Not too concern in giving healthy selection, particularly a lot of fried and oily stuff.

Room Tip: Ideally request for a non-smoking room with a view of the river and Malay kampung across the river.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear CityFolks777,

We are very pleased to know that your overall experience at our hotel was a great one. Your highlights on our pricing wise, great room designs and facilities are very much appreciated.
Sincerely apologize for the disappointment of the breakfast selection and quality. I will shall your valuable feedback and concerns with the department heads for improvement.

(Guest Service Manager)

Been to 360 Urban Resort Hotel Hock Lee Center? Share your experiences!