“Nicely done” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Kuching
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Nicely done”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Staff are cordial and very helpful; they anticipated our needs and were ready to help. Rooms are comfortable. AC nice and quiet. Upper floor gives a better view of the neighborhood, which is 10 minutes' easy walk to downtown/riverfront walk. There are shops and many small restaurants in the parallel street a block behind. The rooftop bar has a nice view but prices were high and not much food on offer. Breakfast is in the lobby area, and is good (not great, but good, and with ample choices).

Room Tip: Upper floor (4th, I think) gives a better view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Stayed for two nights (my second stay).
The hotel is a great budget option in Kuching + fairly new.
It's well located with lots of cheap interesting places to eat nearby.
The air conditioning is so quiet..something rare in asia!
It's very clean and the breakfast was quite pleasant on both mornings.

Only two small down sides during my trip.
- internet wifi still very random.
- hotel car wasn't available for my booked time to return to airport. They arranged a local taxi instead at a set price. As soon as I hopped in the guy tried to up the price. Maybe they should choose a new company if they need to outsource the airport trip.

Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Beijing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Two nights here were excellent. The room itself is fine, nothing amazing, but clean and comfortable. Wifi works properly. Breakfast is in a neat little cafe area and was good, small range of nice stuff. Decent coffee, fruit, some Asian dishes (noodles, fish etc) and they also had nice western options. Good location, within reasonable walking distance of the waterfront and old China town area, and about 30 mins lazy stroll to the bus station where you can get the bus to Semenngoh for 3 ringgit (instead of 75 rm for the tour options!)

The thing I really liked was the great service - help with transport, and really persistent and successful effort to get us dinner reservations at theDyak. Genuinely helpful, obliging staff.

thanks for a great stay - if we ever return to Kuching we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

The Limetree is a mid range modern hotel not far from the Kuching waterfront. The staff are pleasant but nothing quite works as you expect - internet intermittent, restaurant not open on time, morning papers not there.

• Stayed February 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I am currently staying here for 4D3N business trip. I just had my breakfast which was ok but the selection and was almost the same as yesterday's. The room is nice n cozy, though I have to change to another room on my first night due to bad condition of the aircond. However, they reacted fast enough to rectify my problem. What I love most about this hotel is the rooftop lounge. You can just chill there, connect to wifi, sip your drink and just CHILL. Not to forget the comfy pillow. Stay here and I promise you won't get ripped off.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights recently and i was very pleased with all aspects of my stay. The staff, from housekeeping to the management, is always helpful and affable. The rooms are clean, bright and comfortable. It's ideally located. The buffet breakfast is 1st rate and served in a nicely themed cafe (and Ariff is always there to serve or assist). The rooftop lounge is ideal for a late afternoon drink. I would highly recommend this professionally-run hotel to families, couples or solo travelers (like me on this occasion).

Room Tip: spring a bit more for the suite rooms..really great value
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
JTayKuching, Resident Manager at The LimeTree Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear joe_strummer02,

Thank you for taking the time to share your LimeTree experience on TripAdvisor! My team and I are delighted to read your positive feedback and to know that the aspects of our hotel had met your expectations. Nothing makes us happier than knowing that you found your stay to be of great value.

I am also pleased to learn that you had a good dining experience at our Cafe Sublime and LimeLight Rooftop Lounge. Arif appreciates your kind comments and he sends his best regards!

We are grateful for your comments which undoubtedly validated our team's efforts to always provide great service and to always ensure our guests are our top priority. A big thank you for your kind commendation of us to others and we hope to see you again when you next travel to Kuching.

Best wishes from all, at The LimeTree Hotel.

Warm regards,

Julie Tay - Resident Manager
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Small clean rooms, super helpful staff that called and called and called a restaurant for me until they got through to make a reservation, fantastic location within easy walking distance to the waterfront, interesting neighbourhood and a thoughtful breakfast with simple but appealing breakfast options for those that prefer a bit of nutrition to go with their food. I have nothing negative to say about this place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Yonenrich,

We thank you for choosing to stay at The LimeTree Hotel during your recent trip to Kuching. My team and I are delighted to learn that your stay with us was a positive one! I am truly proud of our team of unique individuals for rendering professional service and for being helpful during your stay.

I am pleased to know that you found our location to be favourable; it takes an 8 to 10 minutes walk to reach the Waterfront from our hotel and we are located within the vicinity of the charming Chinatown Padungan with plenty of eating places and shopping malls.

We are grateful for your review and for your kind comments. We hope to see you again should your travel plans bring you back to Kuching! Many best wishes for 2014, from all at The LimeTree Hotel.

Best regards,

Julie Tay - Resident Manager
The LimeTree Hotel

Been to The LimeTree Hotel? Share your experiences!