“Absolutely great to refer to trip advisor for your plan trip” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
2016 Early-Bird Specials
Ranked #2 of 47 Hotels in Kuching
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Absolutely great to refer to trip advisor for your plan trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

1.came out from arrival hall,hotel driver already waiting for us,send us to hotel in very friendly mode
2.check in very fast with courteous and helpful staff.Luggage delivered by driver to our room.Requested for additional room card,no problem.Book semenggoh visit for the next day,did it for us immediately.
3.Only snag for this hotel.My deluxe room's aircond got problem,so reported to front office and they quickly send technician to rectify the problem but without success.Informed me they will upgrade us to a suite.Good way of resolving a guest unresolved problem.
4.The suite is big and clean,with very clean bathroom.Large bed,sofa seat,led tv,fridge.Overall very good
5.Their f&b is very good also,breakfast no complaints.Beverages at the top floor also no complaints especially when they have a friendly bartender who came and chat with me since I was drinking alone.
6.summary: All the excellent review and comments that i obtained from trip advisor is absolutely true.No intention to try another hotel with my next trip

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Polish first
Cold Spring, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

The Lime Tree is a modern budget hotel near but not in the touristy waterfront section of town. it is about a 10 minute walk to all the tourist hot spots, but being a bit outside enables you to walk through Chinatown and get a feel for Kuching, yet it is close enough so that you can take advantage of all that Kuching has to offer. The rooms are tiny by American standards, yet they include every amenity: free wifi, lovely TV, little slippers, hair dryer, etc. and the room is immaculately clean. But what really makes the Lime Tree stand out are the wonderful people. All of the staff are helpful and friendly and the desk staff especially are patient, knowledgeable and thorough. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Stayed here a couple of times but this time I tried a different method to book the room, but it's come to my surprise by the time I stepped in when 1 male staff spotted me and recognized me straight away even greet me with my name! The check in process was super fast and it took me less than 5 minutes.
After a very long day and exhausted, there only 1 thing that I have in mind -a good rest, but before that an ice cool drink! So I went to their rooftop bar on the 5th floor, and over there I was greeted by this guy (couldn't remember his name-my bad) very helpful, cheerful guy and definitely yes, he also recognized me. Really great! After having their home made ice lemon drink and a small chat, I head to the room for a 'short' nap before dinner.
This time my room is facing the sarawak river or should I say the road side, (my favourite room was the in the middle, with no windows) but still the is very comfortable.
The only challenge that I'm facing during this trip is when I overslept and woke up at 2 am, starving!
I went down and asked the midnight staff of places to eat in that hour. He gave me some suggestion of where to eat. The nearest place is about 5-7 minutes walking distance and the nearest 7/11 is about 10-15 minutes walking distance from the hotel. So I decided to try Khatulistiwa restaurant in Kuching waterfront which is the food is a total disappointment! (Don't go the unless if you a white)
The breakfast next day was great, and I took my niece to join me for breakfast.
In this trip, I stayed here for 2night and decided to try another hotel which I regretted of making such decision. This hotel absolutely the best choice for an 'easy travellers' just like me.
Keep it up Limetree, you will always be my 1st choice!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Bombay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

This is a late review as I stayed at the Lime Tree in July of 2013. It was a wonderful experience. The rooms are clean and basic and reasonably priced. The service is excellent and the location is also very nice. I loved the rooftop bar, which is a great and unpretentious place for a sundowner.

The hotel also organises excursions to national parks and I went on one such tour. I will definitely stay here again when I visit Kuching next

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Good location - Within 15min you can get to 3 malls, waterfront, main bazaar. Its also close to restaurants and Chinatown is behind the hotel.

I booked the Deluxe room. it was really small.
What I didn't like is the bathroom as it was tiny and there wasn't good ventilation.
slippers, hair dryer, 2 in 1 shampoo and shower gel combines and other accessories were provided. No fridge.

room was cleaned daily. staff are really nice and helpful.
Try to use cabs to get to tourist attractions as the hotels tour packages are really expensive.

Room Tip: cabs can easily be found 5min walk away from the hotel, go to the malls.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
JTayKuching, Resident Manager at The LimeTree Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear Nitika04,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. My team and I are very pleased to know that you found our hotel to be well located and our team to be nice and helpful during your stay.

Regarding in-room fridges, mini-coolers are available for loan from our Front Desk. Advised with a sign in the room, this measure is in line with one of our efforts to be green and we are glad many of our guests are supportive of it.

The Deluxe room you had booked was 18 sqm in size, designed with a minimalist feel and equipped with amenities essential for a short stay. Please do not hesitate to enquire about our other room types of larger sizes, different layouts and amenities.

With regard to visiting places of interests, one can consider a few options of travel. Those who require guided tours, especially tours conducted in a foreign language, can consider the tour packages offered by our appointed trusted tour agencies. They offer a variety of all-inclusive packages which consist of transfers, tickets, scheduled guided tours and meals if stated so. Those who do not require guides for their visits, are able to purchase tickets upon arrival at the places of interest and wish to explore at their own time should consider taking our shuttle services which are competitively priced (if available) or hiring local taxis whom we can assist to call for.

Once again, thank you for your review and feedback. Wishing you a great year ahead and we look forward to welcoming you again to The LimeTree!

Best regards,

Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed four nights with our two children and had a family suite room (adjoining rooms -- king bed in one, and double in the other), to which we added an extra bed for our second child. The breakfasts were quite good, and the location was great, adjacent to Chinatown and a block from the river. They were helpful with arranging day trips around Kuching. The only downside was the extremely slow wifi.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Biogeog,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent holiday to Kuching and for taking the time to review your stay. We are thrilled to learn that your stay was overall a positive one!

We are regretful to learn that the internet service was poor during your stay. Our internet service provider is constantly upgrading their lines and servers which can cause intermittent connection issues without prior notice while the works are being carried out. As much as we would like to provide this complimentary internet access consistently at good bandwidth, the service level by the provider cannot be guaranteed and is only at best effort; on our part, we shall always work with the provider to expedite their tasks in order to ensure our guests stay connected.

We are grateful for your comments and our team had the pleasure of serving you and your family. Many best wishes from all at The LimeTree!

Best regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I read the reviews before booking. All the positive reviews are true. The staff very friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was exceptional. The room was great. The location is close to everything within walking distance to the waterfront. We had a early morning flight to leave Kuching and we had lunches made up for us at no charge. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We are seasoned travelers and have stayed in many hotels, this is by far the best bang for your buck...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Anna and Ron K,

A really big thank you for giving us two thumbs up! We appreciate the time you have taken to review your stay at The LimeTree Hotel. Nothing makes us happier than knowing you had found your stay to be of great value and that you liked what we offer.

I have shared your kind comments with our brilliant team, which will further motivate our team to strive for excellence at all times. Your satisfaction has been regarded our most valuable reward! We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us the next time you are in Kuching.

Warm wishes from all, at The LimeTree.

Kind regards,