“Two Thumbs Up” 5 of 5 stars

Free Breakfast & Wi-Fi!
Ranked #2 of 47 Hotels in Kuching
“Two Thumbs Up”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I read the reviews before booking. All the positive reviews are true. The staff very friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was exceptional. The room was great. The location is close to everything within walking distance to the waterfront. We had a early morning flight to leave Kuching and we had lunches made up for us at no charge. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We are seasoned travelers and have stayed in many hotels, this is by far the best bang for your buck...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
JTayKuching, Resident Manager at The LimeTree Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Anna and Ron K,

A really big thank you for giving us two thumbs up! We appreciate the time you have taken to review your stay at The LimeTree Hotel. Nothing makes us happier than knowing you had found your stay to be of great value and that you liked what we offer.

I have shared your kind comments with our brilliant team, which will further motivate our team to strive for excellence at all times. Your satisfaction has been regarded our most valuable reward! We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us the next time you are in Kuching.

Warm wishes from all, at The LimeTree.

Kind regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Travelled solo for the first time to Kuching from 12-16 Dec. Booked Lime Tree hotel for my 4 nights stay due to the glowing review. One week before my arrival, the hotel contacted me to say they can only accommodate me for 2 nights due to some faulty aircon which requires servicing. They offered to book for me another hotel nearby at no additional charge and threw in a complimentary pick up at the airport and complimentary transfer to the new hotel. Accepted the offer since it was pretty decent. But upon reaching Lime Tree did not see any signs of aircon servicing and the hotel seemed to be functioning as normal. Figured they probably over-booked and needed to kick someone out and who better to kick out then a solo traveller. The alternative hotel (Hotel Abell) which they booked for me was really nice and located between two malls and a 5 mins walk to the waterfront. But I realised I was shortchanged as the hotel booking did not come with breakfast (I booked and paid for 4 nights with b'fast!) and the hotel has no wifi! Not a wise idea for a solo traveller to be w/out wifi to get in touch with home.

On my first day there, asked the cafe (there's a little cafe that sells cakes and pastries at the lobby) lady directions to the waterfront but she told me to ask the receptionist. So asked the receptionist and she said walk straight for 10 minutes. Really what type of directions is that?! The directions I would give was walk straight until you see a Macdonald's then cross the road towards the cat statues in the direction of Hotel Margherita. After crossing the road turn left and walk straight until you see a 7-11 store. Turn in after the 7-11 to the waterfront.

Overall, pretty disappointed with the hotel for diminishing my solo trip a little.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
JTayKuching, Resident Manager at The LimeTree Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Murshida M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at our hotel. Firstly, we appreciate your kind understanding for accepting the prearrangement to be relocated to another hotel during your stay in Kuching due to unforeseen circumstances on our part. We wish to also extend our apologies for the inconvenience as we read your feedback with concern regarding your overall experience. We take your comments very seriously and I would like to take this opportunity clarify and address the issues outlined accordingly.

A week prior to your arrival, we discovered our digital air-conditioning system had encountered an error which needed an urgent repair requiring imported replacement parts. Our team and vendors planned with care and scheduled for this critical repair work, not servicing work, to commence as soon as the parts arrived in mid-December. Under these circumstances coupled with our desire to accommodate our guests as much as we can and to handle this matter as seamlessly as possible, we immediately halted new bookings and contacted our guests with confirmed bookings for the affected room types in order to discuss alternative arrangements for their stay. I had then contacted you personally by e-mail regarding this situation.

The repair work could only commence once our guests vacate the affected rooms, hence the chosen date of your relocation to another hotel. You may wish to know that some guests had chosen other accommodations altogether with a full refund from us - an option I had offered to you as well, and you had chosen to accept our proposed alternative arrangement of a two-night stay at our hotel, complimentary transfer followed by a stay at Abell Hotel, a hotel not inferior to ours, in a room with breakfast of a category higher than the one you had booked at our hotel.

The room and breakfast details were stated in our e-mail to you as confirmation; if the stay details at Abell Hotel had not been honoured and did not meet your expectations, it should have been our team's obligation to resolve the matter where we would not hesitate to promptly assist, advise their staff of the discrepancy and demand a corrective action, if we had been contacted and made known of the issue.

We are disappointed that our compensation effort, which we believed at the time was our best judgement call to alleviate the situation for the inevitable issue we had to face, has indeed been grossly misconstrued. Nevertheless, your feedback will allow us to identify gaps and refine our processes to ensure issues are handled more seamlessly with our guests.

Please be assured that I have also shared your comments regarding the travel directions given with our front office team for their attention, where the importance of details have been emphasized. We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention for our improvement.

Once again, we are sorry to learn that your stay was not a positive one; we hope you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us in the future and regain your confidence in us. In the meantime, wishing you safe travels and a Happy New Year.

Best regards,

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Great location for this hotel, very modern inside. Lovely bar on the roof terrace. The cleanest and most modern hotel we stayed in Sarawak.

Recommend you stay here for Bako or the Orangutang santuary.

Initially forgot to give us back our deposit for the safety deposit box but refunded it afterwards.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear EarthExplorer000,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The LimeTree Hotel on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your feedback on our rooms and LimeLight Rooftop Lounge; you will be pleased to know that we will be redesigning some sections of our property in the near future as part of our continuous effort to upgrade and to maintain its contemporary look!

We thank you for your kind comments and we are grateful for your commendation of us to others. We look forward to having you with us again. Many best wishes from all at The LimeTree!

Ipoh, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Started with a pleasant check-in at the counter by the friendly and helpful staff. My room was without window but very spacious. The dummy windows does helped in making the room feels more comfortable. The room is clean and comfortable. Although I find the room's 2 partitions design a little awkward. The breakfast was good and much better than what I had in other hotels of similar price range. It was within walking distance to the Waterfront and no shortage of food nearby. Overall, it was a pleasant stay. Every staff I interacted with were friendly and welcoming. Recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear choymp,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The LimeTree Hotel in Kuching recently and I am glad that you had a positive stay with us during your business trip. Your feedback on the room design for the Superior room is much appreciated and has been noted; you may wish to know that the partition design mentioned was done with the intention to separate the bathroom area from the bed area distinctively for this room type. Please do not hesitate to enquire about our other room types with different layouts and views which you may want to consider for any future stays.

We are grateful for your comments and kind commendation of us to others. We remain committed to exceed our guests' expectations with our services and to provide quality accommodation at great value with our complimentary breakfast and free internet usage for our guests.

We hope to see you again when you next travel to Kuching. Many best wishes from all at The LimeTree Hotel!

Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

If in Kuching, you should definitely stay here. This is one of the best budget hotels I have ever stayed at. It puts some 4*/5* hotels to shame. The staff at the reception and at the rooftop bar are outstanding- they are friendly, helpful and chatty. They made us feel really welcome. The quality of breakfast is very good (something to suit all tastes - European style and Chinese style food available). Although the selection was not huge, it was enough for us and was well stocked. Rooms are basic but clean and practical. I really can't recommend this place enough! It's also about a 5 min walk from the waterfront which is handy.

I think the hotel manager should be very proud of the excellent staff that work in the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JassiLally,

Thank you very much for such a great review on The LimeTree Hotel. We are delighted to learn your stay at The LimeTree was a positive one. Your comments will no doubt motivate our team to strive for excellence at all times! I am truly proud of our team of unique individuals whose objective is to ensure our guests' experience is a memorable and seamless throughout their stay.

We thank you again for your kind comments and commendation of us to others. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us the next time you are in Kuching!

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I can only continue to add to the glowing reviews. Everything about the hotel is good - the price, rooms, location and breakfast - but it really is the staff that make it great. Everyone we spoke to was helpful and friendly without exception and it's service like this that enables The LimeTree to stand out and justify it's no.1 status on TA.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kingston34,

Thank you for taking the time to share your LimeTree experience on TripAdvisor! My team and I are delighted to read your positive feedback and to know that the aspects of our hotel had met your expectations. We are grateful for your comments which undoubtedly validated our team's efforts to always provide great service and to always ensure our guests are our top priority.

A big thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again when you next travel to Kuching. Many best wishes from all at The LimeTree Hotel!

Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I should also add that the location is good, the included breakfast is very good, and the rooftop patio/restaurant is very enjoyable!

I spent two nights here (separated by a couple of weeks). For what you get, the price is excellent. Wifi is strong, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. I arranged airport pickup and drop off, and everything worked out perfectly.

I love the lime theme of the hotel; it's very interesting and unique (LOVE the lime soap in the shower!). Make sure you use the voucher for a free lime soda at the rooftop lounge, as it's very tasty, and I found the view quite nice and relaxing in the evening.

The breakfast buffet was also terrific. Plenty of excellent, high-quality foods and drinks. Definitely a highlight!

Without question, I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear RMBolton,

Thank you very much for such a great review on The LimeTree Hotel! I am glad that you had a positive experience during your stay with us and that my team ensured you were well taken care of. Nothing makes us happier than knowing that you found your stay to be of terrific value.

I am also thrilled to know you enjoyed our amenities and our lime theme as we are always pleased to share the concept of healthy and positive living with our guests through our lime products.

I have shared your kind comments with our brilliant team which I know they will appreciate, and your satisfaction has been regarded our most valuable reward.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us the next time you are in Kuching! Many best wishes from all, at The LimeTree.