“Their Lime Juice is great!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
2016 Early-Bird Specials
Ranked #2 of 47 Hotels in Kuching
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“Their Lime Juice is great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

I am traveling again! This time the destination is Kuching. The flight was delayed again as I am flying with the World Best Low Cost Carrier from Malaysia.

Arriving at the airport the car is waiting to send me to the hotel. It is a small hotel in the town centre. Upon arriving at the hotel which is located at a cross junction it is a small setup from shop office lots.

The location is very good as it is a stone throw from the riverside and entertainment area.

The lobby is adequately furnished with sofas and there is a small souvenir shop next to entrance. The coffee house named Cafe SubLime is also at ground floor. Eventhough our rooms already paid by the principal the hotel requires cash deposit of RM50 which will be returned upon checkout. A smart card was given for access to the room together with a voucher for a welcome drink at the Lime Rooftop Lounge.

Guest security is a priority that the smartcard are required to use the lift eventhough the hotel is five storey high.

Room is nicley done with laminated timber flooring and modern furniture. The matress is of high quality and the hotel is generous enough to provide two pillows for each bed. Tea making facility and mineral water has been a standard setup for most hotel including Lime Tree.

While relaxing before dozing off you can enjoy limited satellite channel which includes ESPN and Fox Movies. You can also get connected via their free WiFi internet. The password is provided during check in.

Breakfast is provided at the Cafe SubLime with variety of local food. They have their signature Lime Jam to enjoy with toast bread. If you wish to buy the famous Sarawak black pepper there is a small kiosk opposite the cafe selling those.

It was a pleasant stay during my two day trip. For record, Lime Tree hotel has won Trip Advisor 2012 award.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
JTayKuching, Resident Manager at The LimeTree Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear MHasni,

Greetings from The LimeTree Hotel Kuching! Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Kuching and for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to learn that your stay was a positive one and that you enjoyed our hotel facilities, in-room amenities and of course, our refreshing lime juice!

Overall, we are grateful for your kind commendation of us to others, and my team joins me in thanking you for your kind comments. We look forward to having you with us again soon! Best wishes from all at The LimeTree.

Warm regards,

The LimeTree Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Polish first
Buenos Aires
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a week and the staff was impressively helpful and thoughtful. I got sick and had to go to the hospital, and the staff was on top of how I was doing, and checked up on my days after, including making nice exceptions for food, etc, with no charge. The manager seemed on top of everything and aware of what all guests were doing, and they provided really good information on local attractions.

The location is quite convenient and the terrace is nice for hanging out.

We went to the exec suite [about 85sgd w/breakfast + tax], and it was very, very spacious and comfortable.

Their wi fi in the rooms is really slow at times but works ok in the lobby, and the food is just OK, but it is totally worth it.

Room Tip: I would recommend going for the exec level; it is affordable and worth the difference. Also, if you...
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My family and I stayed at this lovely hotel in November 2012. The hotel is simple and clean with a cute rooftop bar. We really appreciate the great location of the hotel as we were able to get to majority of the places by foot.

The service of the local staff was excellent. They were friendly, cheerful and professional. They assisted to all our enquires with a smile, provided helpful information about kuching and they made us feel most at home.

We would definitely return to stay here should we visit kuching again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear raggytherabbit,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The LimeTree Hotel during your recent trip to Kuching. We are truly delighted to learn that we were able to meet your expectations. Our guests' comfort remains our top priority, and your satisfaction is our most valuable reward. We cannot thank you enough for your kind review and I have passed on your compliments to my brilliant team which I know they will really appreciate!

My team and I are glad to have been of service to you and your family and we look forward to welcoming you again. Many best wishes from all at The LimeTree!

Best regards,

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I said here on two separate occassions whilst in Kuching. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel is a 10 minute easy but warm walk from the water front bazaar and eateries. Staff were pleasant and service was great. I would definately stay here again. WiFi was a great bonus.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Caroline B,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Kuching! My team and I are glad to learn that your both of your stays at The LimeTree were positive. I am also pleased to know that you had made use of our complimentary wireless internet access as we believe it is important for our guests to stay connected wherever they go.

A big thank you for taking the time to review us. We look forward to welcoming you again should your travels bring you back here. Many best wishes to you from all at The LimeTree Hotel!

Bintulu, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

we stayed here for 3 days 2 nights at Lime Tree.. i love the concept :) the room was very clean, cozy and had fresh lime smell.. we love it :) the staff were very helpful and friendly.. we enjoyed our stay very much.. thanks Lime Tree.. continue to keep up the excellent service.. :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JTayKuching, Resident Manager at The LimeTree Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Chealing,

Thank you very much for such a great review on The LimeTree Hotel! We are delighted to know you enjoyed our amenities and our lime theme. It is with lime, a fruit with natural cleansing properties, that we explore and share the concept of healthy and positive living with our guests, and we are glad you captured the true essence of it during your stay!

I have shared your kind comments with our team which validated their efforts to always provide excellent service. My team and I look forward to welcoming you again for another wonderful stay experience. Many best wishes from all at The LimeTree!

Kuching, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We was stay for 3 days 2 nights. We loved the scent of citrus and lime all around in the hotel especially in the room. This is what we call customer service experience hotel.
My wife love the green color. So she was excite when we enter the room.
Wifi is capable to access from the room and It was always in excellent speed.
TV channel are variety. a lot of channel. better that 5star which only provide few TV channel.
Room? Rating from 1 to 10. I give 10 to the team.
Thank you to LimeTree staff especially Mr Soh, Miss Serinah, Mr Teo, Mr Hiswan, Mr Sayuti, Mr Erwan, Mr John and all staff.Sorry I forgot some name from maintenance dept and housekeeping dept. All of them is friendly and helpful.
We surely recommend this hotel to others.
I'm sure we will choose to stay at this hotel next visit to Kuching.
~Saif and Atiqah~

Dear SaifSaid,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! The LimeTree team and I are very pleased to know that your stay was a positive one and that you enjoyed the many elements of our hotel and its lime theme!

I am also glad you made use of our complimentary Wi-Fi internet access and that our choice of TV channels could meet your expectations, as we look forward to refreshing our current subscription of ten satellite channels including a jazz radio channel, very soon!

Your kind commendation of us to others is truly appreciated. My team joins me in thanking you for staying with us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for another city getaway. Best wishes from The LimeTree team!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My fiancee and I spent 4 days and 3 nights at this marvelous hotel. The service was excellent, the rooms were clean, nice and cozy! We loved the place very much and would recommend it to any travellers to Kuching! Their Wifi connection was fast and the staffs there are very friendly. We would like to thank Mr. Soh and his team for a great job done! Keep up the good work! The stay was very comfortable and memorable! - Ben Tan & Poh Teng

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JTayKuching, Resident Manager at The LimeTree Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear bentenlive,

Thank you for taking the time to share your LimeTree experience on TripAdvisor! We are truly pleased to learn you had a memorable stay with us and that you had enjoyed the many elements of our hotel. Mr Soh, our Hotel Manager, was also delighted to read your compliments and he sends his regards! We are proud of our fantastic team of individuals who always remain committed to ensuring every stay is a seamless one.

We are grateful for your kind commendation of us to others and for your comments, which will further motivate our team to strive for excellence at all times. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back for another city getaway in Kuching!

Many best wishes from all, at The LimeTree.