I stayed here for 3 nights on a family trip in July 2013. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you're on a budget and all you need is a place to shower and sleep for the night.
It's a small basic room. There are no wardrobes, just an extendable hanger for you to hang your towels and clothes. The table is just a plank of wood hanging from the wall and which can be closed against the wall when not in use. There's just enough space for you to walk around the bed. Simple shower and washroom. As with all other Tune Hotels, you pay only for what you need. You can add on air-conditioning, TV, Wi-Fi and towels & soap if required.
The rooms are clean and your sheets will only be changed every other day unless specified. This is to keep their costs low.
It's located in a strategic area, within walking distance to Kuching Waterfront and the famous Top Spot seafood. There's also a 7 Eleven and a reasonably priced souvenir shop along the same road.
The hotel had some collaboration with Sarawak River Cruise at that time and my family and I managed to get a 50% discount on the ticket price.
The downside was that the housekeeping lady kept knocking on our door one afternoon while we're taking a nap even though we placed the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. Requested her to return an hour later but didn't do so. Parking is also a huge problem in that area if you're driving. Tune Hotels has their own allocated parking for their guests but it's located somewhere behind the hotel. I wouldn't recommend parking there as it looked dark and dodgy especially at night.
Other than that, I'm very satisfied with the service for the price I paid. Booked 9 months in advance and only paid RM30++/night inclusive of 24 hours of air-conditioning credit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get a 5-star sleeping experience at a 1-star price with Tune Hotels branded select-service hotels.The Waterfront Kuching hotel features 135 private rooms with en-suite bathrooms. We believe in letting our guests know exactly what you pay for, and offer the capability to design your stay via reasonably priced pay-as-you-use add-ons. The prices quoted are inclusive of the room price, applicable fees and prevailing taxes only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Tune Hotel Waterfront Kuching reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tune Hotels .Com Waterfront Kuching Hotel Kuching
- Tune Hotel Waterfront Kuching Sarawak