“Very good location. Very good rates.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tune Hotels .com Waterfront Kuching

Save Saved
You added Tune Hotels .com Waterfront Kuching to your Saves list
Tune Hotels .com Waterfront Kuching
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Borneo, Off Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman, Kuching 93100, Malaysia   |
Ranked #5 of 42 hotels in Kuching
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“Very good location. Very good rates.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at a single room; it's spacious enough for 01 person. I loved it's location - most must-go places are walkable from this hotel. I'm a budget traveler, so I also loved the very affordable rates, about RM50.00++ per night plus tax.

I only paid for the insurance and toiletries + towel. The room was quite cold at night with or without the ceiling fan on; so in case you want to save more, you can. I didn't even pay for TV since I was out all day during my stay. Hence the very good rate.

Ironing Station. If you need to iron your clothes, just go to the Front Office, they will lend you an iron and you'll have to do your ironing at one corner of the Ground Floor. If you need snacks and light meals, there's a cafe at the lobby area.

Location-wise - it's very near to must-go places in Kuching. So more plus points for this hotel.

The front office staffs are friendly and helpful as well. One of them helped to get a cab for my early morning flight. I asked him "Ok, so how do I know that the cab is really going to pick me up tomorrow at 4.30 am?". I didn't ask his name, but the staff just smiled and said "Don't worry miss, just be here by 4.30 am," I was traveling solo and I didn't have much choice but to leave it to the hotel to help me with the cab issue. So at 4.25 am I came to the Front Office, checked-out and got into the taxi straight away. The taxi was already waiting for me when I checked-out - 10/10 for the service :D

Room Tip: Always ask which rooms the F.O staffs are giving you. I stayed at a room which had a window - but it...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
tuneh0tels, Manager at Tune Hotels .com Waterfront Kuching, responded to this review, December 4, 2012

Thanks for the review.

I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our, services and facilities and I know my team will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor and we hope that we will have the sincere pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards,
Sharon - Customer Care Manager

313 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Perfect location with clean room and comfort bed. Located in front of Hilton Hotel, walking distance to waterfront, museums, shopping malls & local hawker centers. Transport service to and pick up from airport available at Tune Hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Located in front of Hilton hotel, so, you know that it is strategically located. Good restaurants are around and you can find it using Foursquare. A nice spa, Mirage, is also few minutes walking distance. Top Spot Seafood, that is a walking distance as well. Basically, if you want to be a local, just stay here. Enjoy the food.

KL City Guide - klcityguide.my

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
tuneh0tels, Manager at Tune Hotels .com Waterfront Kuching, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing a Trip Advisor Review on your recent visit to our hotel.

Our location is normally a strong positive for our guests, coupled with top of the market customer care, our quality speaks for itself.

Happy to know how we have met your requirements perfectly. Thanks for this review, It's a pleasure to welcome you always.

Warm Regards,
De Silva- Customer Care Manager
Surabaya, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Have good location, clean room, and not expansive. A choice for business trip and short stay. 5 minute walk to waterfront, one of Kuching landmark. 10 minute drive way to cafe, restaurant or food court near to the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for the review.

Happy to know how we have met your requirements perfectly and that you had a good slumber experience

Compliments are always wonderful; it makes us motivated to be acknowledged while we take great effort in seeing into each and every need of our guests.

We are glad in making your stay a pleasant and warmly memorable experience.

Warm Rgds,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I booked the room when they have promotion. It was less than RM50 including air-conditioning, towel/basic shower amenities, 1-day TV for my 4 day-visit last week.

Well worth the money!! The size of room is ok for my single room as I could always sit on my bed. The toilet size is considered good enough as well!!

The service is good too! Always greet by the staff~ Only one thing to improve, maybe need to be more equipped with local bus information as I was so surprised that most of the staff are not aware there is actually a bus that goes to Kuching Sentral frequently. :P i know perhaps the locals are not taking public transportation that much but perhaps working in the hospitality industry it's always good to equip a little bit of public transport tip to help travellers like us.. :)

The location is great!! In the middle of the town!! Just 2-minute walk to waterfront and not noisy at all~

The bed is very good for single room!! It has got a queen size bed in it and it is so so good as my size is big!!

Cleanliness is acceptable!

Well worth the money!

Room Tip: Single is very very good!! I notice that double room for Tune Hotel always have toilet door facing t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Thanks for the review.

We pride ourselves on the comfort, cleanliness and customer service and we are pleased to hear that we have fulfilled our promise in the case of your stay.

Going forward, we hope that you'll continue to look out for us in planning your future stays, and we in return, hope to continuously 'wow" your expectations in future.

Have a pleasant day.

Alexandria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were very upset when we checked in to learn that our room did not have any windows becasue we got the two twin beds. The point of staying at the Tune was that it was on the waterfront and we wanted a water view. The hotel should let people know there are no windows for the twin bed rooms. The desk clerk would not let us switch because we reserved the room on line. We also signed up for the package with A/C/tv/towel/wi-fi. However,wi-fi is only for one device. You should tell people up front on the website is that the wi-fi fee covers only one device. If we knew this we would not have stayed. Very budget hotel one towel per person. No wash cloth either.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a view get a double bed.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Hi There,

Thanks for staying with us. and for the review.

Reviews like yours help us determine our standards and continuously deliver superior service at great value.

Rooms with windows can't be booked online, but you could request for one during check-in. We'll be able to provide one if available.

I have picked up some of the areas that are in need for improvements and we’ll work on ensuring the needful is carried out soon.

We hope to be perfectly equipped in making your stay a pleasant experience the next time you come by.

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Definitely value for money. Nice and clean rooms. I stay at Tunes every time when I am in Kuching, situated conveniently near the Riverfront. Walking distance to most of Kuching town's tourist attraction spots.

• Stayed October 2012
Hello dear guest!

Clean and central. That's our pride

It's always rewarding to know that our guests enjoyed our 5 star beds at 1 star prices. Thank you very much for all your positive comments.

Please visit our other properties for another amazing experience.

De Silva-Customer Care Manager

Been to Tune Hotels .com Waterfront Kuching? Share your experiences!