“Stay Overnite in Kuching? This is it” 5 of 5 stars

Four Points by Sheraton Kuching
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Lapangan Terbang Baru, Kuching 93350, Malaysia   |
Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Kuching
KL
“Stay Overnite in Kuching? This is it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

Stayed for one nite. The room was spacious and beautiful. Very comfortable bed and pillows.Friendly staff at reception counter. The TV was not working well but the maintenance team replaced it in no time, quiet environment. I will be back there again soon.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kuching, responded to this review, November 13, 2010
Hi Banez,

Thanks for your "This is it" review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching! The team works extremely hard to deliver service from the heart and it is nice when we exceed our our guests expectations. I am also pleased to read that you enjoyed our "Best In Class" Four Points by Sheraton Comfort Bed.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to write your review and the Four Points team looks forward to welcoming you back to Kuching.

Paolo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

Staff are friendly and service provided is excellent. The rooms are big, comfortable and spacious especially the bathroom!!!! The bathroom is the biggest i have seen in any hotels i stayed in before. Definitely the place to stay in kuching, it is near to the airport and away from the traffic jams in the city area and view is amazing.....the full length window lets you grasp an amazing view of the Kuching Suburban area...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kuching, responded to this review, November 9, 2010
Hi Bettyngu,

Thanks for the thumbs up! I was happy to read that we exceeded your expectations during you recent stay at Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

While I am pleased to read that you found our rooms and bathrooms spacious, I was happier to see that we were able to deliver on our brand promise of uncomplicated comfort. The team works hard to deliver service from the heart and it is great to be recognized for our efforts.

The Four Points team and I look forward to seeing back in Kuching soon.

Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

I travel often to Kuching, since I was a kid, and it is always a great expereince - apart from the hotel. While Hoilday Inn has always been a favourite, it is a little shoddy and the rooms a little tired and everything not quite comfortable clean. While the outside of the Four Points is a shocker - completely out of touch with the character and history of Kuching, at least the inside is more professionally ruin and the rooms much more comfortable. This is the only place to stay in Kuching now ...

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Hi BiginHK,

Thanks for the great review of The Four Points by Sheraton Kuching! I am pleased to read that this is the only place you will stay in Kuching. We certainly value your support, and we are happy to have exceeded your expectations.

The Four Points team and I look forward to seeing you back in Kuching soon.

Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

This hotel does not deserve to be called 4/5 star. It's staff is under trained. The hotel is quite a distant from the town and thus not convenient. I actually stayed in the executive floor which i upgraded to. The internet in the room is so slow and not worth paying for. The executive lounge always had function for birthday dinner etc, we as guest at the executive lounge can't really use it's facilities. Breakfast at the hotel is tasteless and lousy with very little choice and bad food. The room that we stayed in does not have a proper heating system for shower (too cold) and the TV in the room does not function well. You can even hear other people talking from the next door. A bellboy came in 1 hour after we checked in to check our minibar, and claim he wanted to refill the minibar. Silly! Other than that the staff is badly trained and does not have eye contact when seeing hotel guest & not even a smile. I think i would choose to stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kuching, responded to this review, October 24, 2010
Dear hotelier8181,

Thanks for your review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

I wish to thank you for your feedback because it is only through this that we can continue to improve the product and service we deliver to our guests. Kindly accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused you.

The Four Points is ideally located in the BDC commercial hub and is short trip into the city. It is the closest branded hotel to Semenggoh Forest Reserve where one can see the famed orang-utans of Borneo. It is also a short 45 minute drive to Sarawak Cultural Village and Santubong beach. Having said that we understand, it may not be ideal for those who prefer the hustle and bustle of the city.

In addition, while there was an event going in the Executive Lounge, I was personally on site to ensure there was sufficient space and amenities for our other guest to enjoy the services.

While the team works extremely hard to get things right, we do on occasion suffer setbacks. We do take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Once again I apologize for the issues you have raised.

If I may be of further service to you in the future, please let me know.

Paolo
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

Nice hotel, very close to airport.
very friendly staff, excellent service.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Hi shh27,

Thanks for your excellent review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching. I am happy to see that Four Points team exceeded your expectations. In this day and age when praise often goes unsaid, it is nice when people take the time to recognize us for our efforts. At Four Points we pride ourselves on delivering uncomplicated service and it looks we done so.

The Four Points team looks forward to welcoming you back to Kuching soon.

KL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

The service was excellent and the staff were friendly. The rooms are also very comfortable and cozy.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kuching, responded to this review, October 23, 2010
Hi travellikes,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on our recent stay at Four Points by Sheraton Kuching! I have read your "Good Stay" review and I was happy to read that we exceeded your expectations. The Four Points is all about delivering uncomplicated service and it looks like we have done so.

The Four Points team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sarawak in the near future.

Miri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

I am glad to choose Four Point Sheraton hotel when I visited Kuching. The moment I enter the lobby, I feel like a king being welcome. After check-in into the room, as I'm in a rush but need help, I called the operator for help. Within few minutes my request had been attended by the guest personnel which I didn't expect to get that response very quickly.

The next day, as i'm on the rush again, I just make a phone call to operator of my need. This time, I went out already as I make a request on the spot. After came back, I discovered that all my request been fulfill. Now I realise I can depend solely on the hotel service as a whole. I really have a peace of mind to stay at this type of hotel with this excellent service

Thank you so much to management and staff. Definitely, I will come back to your hotel whenever I make a trip to Kuching and even recommend it to my networking in future.

Thank you.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Hi MattMiri,

Thanks for your "Luxury, affordable hotel" review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching. The team works hard to deliver uncomplicated service and it is great to be recognized when we have done so. I will share you comments with the team and I am sure that this will encourage them to continue deliver our Four Points style of service.

The Four Points team looks forward to welcoming you back to Kuching!

Paolo Campillo

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Kuching? Share your experiences!