“Wonderful Stay-Comfy rooms and Great Staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Four Points by Sheraton Kuching
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Lapangan Terbang Baru, Kuching 93350, Malaysia   |
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Kuching
SGP
“Wonderful Stay-Comfy rooms and Great Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

We had recently returned from a 3 nights stay at Four Points Kuching and we already miss the place! I was there with my parents, for a well-deserved get-away and a treat for dad who is a recovering cancer patient. Our stay was close to perfect, with clean and spacious rooms, comfy beds, and genuinely friendly staff. We were warmly greeted by Awangku upon arrival and escorted to our rooms. There was a minor issue when we checked in, but Awangku had helped to rectify the problem. Special thanks to the concierge who helped to carry mum’s shopping bags and for their efficient shuttle service as well as the wait staff at the Eatery, for their warm smiles and attentiveness. We had brekkie and lunch at the Eatery and I must say the food was quite delish!

I’ve stayed at several 5* hotels around the world and always feel that their service staff lack the sincerity and warmth, but this was not an issue here! Staff was always ready with a warm and genuine smile from the day we arrived to the day we left. Location was not an issue as we preferred a quiet location away from the hustle and bustle of the City centre. There was also no problems at all with the hot water. My parents were very pleased with the hotel and its staff and are still talking about it to their friends! Keep up the good work Four Points! We will definitely return again!

• Stayed April 2010
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kuching, responded to this review, April 10, 2010
Dear RaiSrza,

Thanks for your excellent review of the Four Points by Sheraton Kuching. I am delighted to read that the Front Office staff including Awangku were able to exceed your expectations.

These days praise often goes unsaid and it nice to see that there are still people who take the time to do so.

The team look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Kuching.

Paolo Campillo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

After a tiring conference in Sibu, I flew to Kuching and stayed in four points over nite before flying back to Singapore early the next morning. On my arrival, the reception staff was there to serve me. She knew my name. Everything took less than 10 minutes to check me in and a male steward accompanied me to my room. Before he left, he asked me whether I would like to check in for my flight the next day. I was impressed. I trusted him with my passport and flight particulars without question. Everything was done within minutes. I got my boarding pass for my 8.35am flight the next day. I was at the counter the next morning at 6.45am. Check out was even faster, less than 1 minute. I went for my breakfast. At 7.15am, the shuttle bus arrived and I was ushered to the bus and your counter lady actually waved us bye bye. The service was immaculate. I will be telling my students about your service. They will be staying in your hotel from June 19th to 22nd. I must thank Premala for a wonderful personal service in arranging for my students to stay in June. Thank you for a great service.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kuching, responded to this review, March 31, 2010
Dear NCKW,

Thanks for your excellent review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

I am happy to read that the Front Office staff and Concierge Team were able to exceed your expectations. I am also pleased to read that Premala was able to personally look after you.

The Four Points by Sheraton team prides itself on delivering uncomplicated service and it is great to be recognized when we do so.

The staff look forward to welcoming you back to Kuching in June.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

Spent 5 nights at Four points , Kuching. Excellent hotel , nice and professional staffs. Highly recommended. around 8km away from the city center but the hotel provides complementary shuttle service to City and Airport.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kuching, responded to this review, March 28, 2010
Hi Jogi_sayan,

I was very happy to read your excellent review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

The staff work hard to get things right and it great to see that they have delivered on the Four Points service promise of uncomplicated service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Kuching.

Derbyshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

Very well maintained hotel in Kuching. The staff, from minibus driver to reception staff to restaurant waiter to porter, were attentive and helpful at all times.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kuching, responded to this review, March 25, 2010
Hi Inder2003,

Thanks for your excelllent review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

The staff and I are always happy to receive postive comments about Four Points. These days praise often goes unsaid and it is nice to know that there are still those that take the time to do so. Four Poitns by Sheraton Kuching prides itself on delvering uncomplicated service and it is good to see when we have done delivered on this promise.

The Four Points by Sheraton Kuching team look forward to welcoming back to Sarawak soon.

KL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

Imagine a 5-Star hotel that could not provide hot water on my second day stay. Came back from what was supposed to be a memorable journey to Semenggoh Wildlife Center, Annah Rais Longhouse and Jong's Crocodile Farm only to be greeted by cold running water from the taps. Cold shower! Cold bath!

We have to improvised by boiling hot water from the jug. Really appaling that such a reputable hotel has such a poorly maintained facility!

Complaining to the reception counter seemed to be futile. Despite numerous calls, nothing can be done! The next day, water was only warm enough for a quick shower.

I saw similar report in this website and thus comfirmed that this is indeed a common problem.

I am comtemplating filing a formal complaint to the Malaysian Comsumer Tribunal as we did not pay for HASSLE!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kuching, responded to this review, March 15, 2010
Dear Dracozz,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us. While we do take all comments
seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize for the lack of hot water in your room on your second night stay.

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service. If you would like to discuss your experience furhter with me, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel so that I can personally attend to your needs.

Paolo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

Very nice, clean and friendly hotel. Staff always greeting us with a smile. We upgraded to Executive...Free breakfast, internet and use of executive facilitates- well worth it. If I visited Kuching again I would def. stay here.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kuching, responded to this review, March 13, 2010
Dear JasmineUGA,

Thanks for the excellent review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

It is good to know what you found the hotel room clean and staff friendly.

In this day and age where praise often goes unsaid, it is nice when people take the time to do so. The Four Points team works hard to deliver uncomplicated service and I very happy when we exceed our guests expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Sarawak.

Sarawak
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

I Like very much for the Good low price when i make my booking online as the rate compare to the rooms provided is considered very cheap.
Room is Comfortable with larger space provided.
with good services and polite staffs and with nearby shopping complex
and also very Near the Kuching International Airport

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Dear JaneSarawak,

I am happy to read that you had and excellent stay at Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

It is great that you found the staff friendly and found our rates to be of excellent value.

We look forward to seeing back at Four Points soon.

Paolo Campillo

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Kuching? Share your experiences!