“I would never ever come back again to Sheraton Kuching!” 2 of 5 stars

Four Points by Sheraton Kuching
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Lapangan Terbang Baru, Kuching 93350, Malaysia   |
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Kuching
KL
“I would never ever come back again to Sheraton Kuching!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

Imagine a 5-Star hotel that could not provide hot water on my second day stay. Came back from what was supposed to be a memorable journey to Semenggoh Wildlife Center, Annah Rais Longhouse and Jong's Crocodile Farm only to be greeted by cold running water from the taps. Cold shower! Cold bath!

We have to improvised by boiling hot water from the jug. Really appaling that such a reputable hotel has such a poorly maintained facility!

Complaining to the reception counter seemed to be futile. Despite numerous calls, nothing can be done! The next day, water was only warm enough for a quick shower.

I saw similar report in this website and thus comfirmed that this is indeed a common problem.

I am comtemplating filing a formal complaint to the Malaysian Comsumer Tribunal as we did not pay for HASSLE!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kuching, responded to this review, March 15, 2010
Dear Dracozz,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us. While we do take all comments
seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize for the lack of hot water in your room on your second night stay.

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service. If you would like to discuss your experience furhter with me, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel so that I can personally attend to your needs.

Paolo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

Very nice, clean and friendly hotel. Staff always greeting us with a smile. We upgraded to Executive...Free breakfast, internet and use of executive facilitates- well worth it. If I visited Kuching again I would def. stay here.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kuching, responded to this review, March 13, 2010
Dear JasmineUGA,

Thanks for the excellent review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

It is good to know what you found the hotel room clean and staff friendly.

In this day and age where praise often goes unsaid, it is nice when people take the time to do so. The Four Points team works hard to deliver uncomplicated service and I very happy when we exceed our guests expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Sarawak.

Sarawak
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

I Like very much for the Good low price when i make my booking online as the rate compare to the rooms provided is considered very cheap.
Room is Comfortable with larger space provided.
with good services and polite staffs and with nearby shopping complex
and also very Near the Kuching International Airport

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Dear JaneSarawak,

I am happy to read that you had and excellent stay at Four Points by Sheraton Kuching!

It is great that you found the staff friendly and found our rates to be of excellent value.

We look forward to seeing back at Four Points soon.

Kuching
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

The hotel room's interior were excellent, we were extremely satisfied with it, the services were good, polite and well-mannered staffs......large variety of food selection at the eatery buffet be it breakfast, lunch or dinner. Not to be missed out is the delicious chicken pie at the wrapped...overal a worthwhile yet memorable and nice stay.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kuching, responded to this review, February 24, 2010
Dear Happy7876,

I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

The staff work hard to deliver excellent service and it is great when they are recognized.

I am also delighted that you found our buffet selection excellent , the culinary staff have recently upgraded our breakfast selection to focus on comfort food.

We look forward to seeing you back at Four Points soon.

Paolo Campillo

p.s.The chicken pie at Wrapped Deli is also personal favorite of mine.
Versailles, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

stayed at the four points a month ago and I was extremely pleased by this hotel. I seriously did not expect such high quality from a four points. I was travelling with a group of 12 people and most of them were staying at the Hilton downtown so I was over there often . Well compared to that property the four points was better in almost every single aspect except its location. From the executive lounge (the largest hotel club lounge i have ever been in) to the rooms which were nicer, and the price was unbeatable. I will stay there again the next time I am in Kuching.

The only downside was the water which was lukewarm at best but then we are in malaysia where the temperature is 30+°C and I am only one of the few who likes to take boiling hot showers...

• Stayed January 2010
Dear synd12,

Thanks for your excellent review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching! I am happy that you have rated us as the Best Hotel in Kuching!

The team works hard to deliver uncomplicated service to our guests and it is great to hear when we deliver on our service promise.

The Four Points staff and I look forward to seeing you back here soon.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

Stayed 3 nights. A rather new hotel just within 5 mins to the airport with some shophouses closeby, so eating wasn't too much a problem. A bit of distance (10-15 mins) away from town area though. Other thing I didn't like was that the swimming pool being located next to the dining area. Overall, it has been a comfortable stay. Would not mind coming back again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
FourPointsKuching, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kuching, responded to this review, February 20, 2010
Dear AllOverTravel,

Thanks for the excellent review of the Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed a good stay. Four Points is all about uncomplicated comfort and it is great when our guests tell us we have delivered on these values.

The staff and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

Good facility with professional staff. Spacious room with nice decor. Extra spaciuos bathroom. Good breakfast choice. Overall, "excellent value for money".

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Dear Shamsul69,

Many thanks for your excellent review of Four Points by Sheraton Kuching.

I am happy to know that staff were able to exceed your expectations. The hotel prides itself in delivering uncomplicated comfort and I am happy that the staff were able to do so.

Paolo Campillo

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Kuching? Share your experiences!