We have stayed several times here because its location on Main Bazar cannot be beaten.
Everything in Kuching is easily accessible from here. All of the staff are very wellcoming and helpful. One morning while preparing to go out, they asked us where we are going. We said we like to explore the new location of the weekend market. The reply was, you can always go there another time, why not see the Kuching Festival Fair, which is an annual event. So we went for a long walk there, there where a lot of different foodstalls with some exotic dishes like "Fried Fresh Milk", Durian Puffs etc..Then we heard Chinese music drifting there from the Hockey Stadium, which is just across the road. We walked over and in the stadium was a large group of smartly dressed People doing a martial arts style of Tai Chi. While I took photos from the grandstand, a lady from the organizing committee told me to follow her. We then ended up, sitting next to the mayor of South Kuching plus Dignitaries from the Sarawak State Government. We were given food-parcels and treated like VIPs. The mayoress and her husband asked us many questions and at the end of the performance we had to shake hands with many of the participants. Finally we ended up with a badge in Chinese that said Kuching 2013 Kung Fu Tai Chi. It was a great experience and will stay with us forever.
The rooms at Waterfront Lodge could do with some minor, but necessary repairs. It would not cost much to fix the broken hooks in the bath, there is nowhere to keep clothes dry when showering. Another thing; perhaps they could replace the awful Margarine at breakfast with Butter. I noticed some deterioration of things from our last visit. There was no Hot water available on the floor as claimed, and as we numerous times came back from an exhausting trip, staying overnight elsewhere but still paying for the Waterfont, we had no opportunity to make us a cup of coffee or tea.
- Also Known As:
- Kuching Waterfront Hotel Kuching
- Kuching Waterfront Hotel
- Kuching Waterfront Lodge Sarawak
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Kuching Waterfront Lodge, refurbished with Colonial, Nyonya & Baba decor. Kuching Waterfront Lodge is located at Main Bazaar, one of the oldest & busiest streets in Kuching, where trading took place since a long time ago in the era of James Brooke (The White Rajah). Today, the Main Bazaar is still buzzing with people, entertainment & business activities, with traditional spices, antiques, jewelries shops and cafes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, HostelWorld, AsiaRooms, Booking.com, Priceline and HostelBookers so you can book your Kuching Waterfront Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.