It's worth going to this hotel just to see the building! It's in the old Chinese quarter, on the riverside, a traditional place that people have been staying in for generations! There is a central, internal courtyard with rooms on several stories. They range from dorms to double rooms with ensuite bathrooms, but all the rooms are simple and basic. They are really good value, but the breakfasts are basic - make yourself tea and toast, but they are many places to eat nearby. The only downside we found was that the rooms can be a bit smelly when it rains - something to do with the drains, I think. So, go outside of the rainy season!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Kuching Waterfront Lodge, refurbished with Colonial, Nyonya & Baba decor. Kuching Waterfront Lodge is located at Main Bazaar, one of the oldest & busiest streets in Kuching, where trading took place since a long time ago in the era of James Brooke (The White Rajah). Today, the Main Bazaar is still buzzing with people, entertainment & business activities, with traditional spices, antiques, jewelries shops and cafes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your Kuching Waterfront Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuching Waterfront Hotel Kuching
- Kuching Waterfront Lodge Sarawak