“Satisfied for the price I've paid for...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lavender Lodge

Save Saved
You added Lavender Lodge to your Saves list
Lavender Lodge
2.0 of 5 Lodge   |   No.6, Jalan Laiman Diki | Kg. Air, Kota Kinabalu 88804, Malaysia   |
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Satisfied for the price I've paid for...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights during my July visit to KK. The location is good as everything is within walking distance (Centre Point, Asia City, Waterfront Esplanade, Gaya Street, etc. Although some are quite far, such as Jesselton Point, but if u're on a budget trip, just walk! :) u can reach places by walking as KK city is not really big, and that's what I did!) My room was a double deluxe, washroom en suite. Yup, it's only washroom en suite, bathing still takes place at the shared bathrooms outside the room. The room was quite clean and smelled fresh. The staffs were friendly and there're a lot of tourism pamphlets at the reception area and it is free to take for references. Besides that, breakfast is being served every morning till 10am. It was only simple breakfast (toast with butter and jam, coffee or tea) but it is good enough for me to start off my venture at Kota Kinabalu..
With all that, I'm satisfied for the price I've paid for... :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

283 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for four nights and loved it. It is basic, clean accommadation in the middle of KK but definitly one of the best budget accommodations we have stayed at.

The staff are so Helpful and friendly and rooms are cleaned daily. Internet is good and there is a communal tv should you want it. They even made a take away breakfast for us When we were leaving at 6am even though breakfast doesn't start until 7! Would recommend to all budget travellers!

• Stayed August 2012
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed here for one night whilst stopping over in Kota Kinabalu, having lived in Borneo for the previous three months. Staff were very friendly on arrival and after seeing my massive luggage (full of dive gear) they insisted that I could not stay on the third floor as it was too far to carry my bags and upgraded me to a room free of charge on the first floor, helped me carry my bag up to my room and said to let them know when I was leaving the following morning as I should not carry it down by myself! Room was OK and pretty clean with air con, usual standard for Asia. Shared bathrooms were not an issue and were all clean and pleasant. Good location. Free breakfast. OK value for money (I was fairly happy with the room, but I'm only ever looking for a simple clean room and bed for a good nights sleep).

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Thanks for bringing the Filipino hospitality to Lavender Lodge.

We appreciated the travel and shopping tips. The friendly staff advised cheapthe and delicious places to eat such as Wong Kok, Welcome Seafood Restaurant and Sri Melaka. We were also fortunate to try the food fair during Puasa.

We also received a MYR 10 discount voucher (per head) for our visitactivity to Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park.

Terima kasih!

• Stayed July 2012
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

And the location is good. But it's not the cheapest option in the area. Our windowless room smelled of damp... and feet. A bit like a swimming pool changing room. We didn't understand why Tripadvisor rates this place so highly. Emperor's new clothes perhaps?

Room Tip: Get a window room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Myself and my partner stayed 3 nights in October 2011. It cost us RM30 each a night, for a single bed in a 5 bed dorm, with air conditioning, shared bathroom and wi-fi in the lobby.

Our beds were squeaky, but that is the only thing we can fault the Lavender Lodge on. The rooms, bathrooms, and showers were all very clean. The lobby was a nice area to chat to other travellers and use the wi-fi.

Breakfast was included, and consisted of toast, butter, jam, bananas, tea or coffee. Served by very friendly staff.

We weren't overly struck on Kota Kinabalu as a place to visit, as the only thing we found to do that interested us and we didn't have to book way in advance was scuba diving with a company based in the city. The other activities we would like to have liked to have done involved pre-planning, which wasn't possible in our situation. Also, activities are fairly pricey compared to a lot of Asia.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Miri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Very good location as it is in the middle between Jesselton Point (disembarkation point to the islands) and Waterfront. Backpacker owner and staff was very friendly and helpful. Room and toilets were very clean and neat. Not forgetting, awesome toast for breakfast! Will go there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lavender Lodge? Share your experiences!