The 23 of us from the 0830 Choir of the Church of St. Thomas More Subang Jaya descended on Borneo Backpackers on the night of 29 May 2013 and stayed til 2 June 2013. It is located right in the middle of town, within walking distance of Gaya Street where there is plenty of shopping, entertainment and food, and some other places of interest e.g. Anderson Clock Tower, Signal Hill Observatory Platform. The rooms were fine with bunk beds in the dorm rooms and double beds in the single rooms. The rooms are air-conditioned, clean and bed bug free. Down side is the hostel is located close to the road and light sleepers will have a hard time due to the noise from the street. Toilets and showers are clean but have to be shared as expected in such accommodations. Light breakfast, drinks and beverages are available for a price. Free WiFi provided. Great room rates and definitely recommended for solo travelers or for those looking for a budget stay in KK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in the heart of the city; Borneo Backpackers has already attracted the attention of discerning travellers from around the world. Some guests have already made return visits, and many more have vowed to return. While guests originally come for the facilities on offer, such as clean bathroom, toilets, pantry area, internet facility, cozy lounge area, roof garden deck, 24 hours security, and a tour information counter. They return for the service from our friendly, helpful and knowledgeable local staff. Rooms are all air con, from Dorms to Private rooms. Rates begin at $7 USD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, HostelBookers and Booking.com so you can book your Borneo Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borneo Backpackers Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Borneo Backpackers Kota Kinabalu, Sabah