This hotel has a wonderful location - across the road from the waterfront and near all of the markets. Our room had a great view of the islands and sunset. The hotel foyer is very olde worlde style with dark wood and chairs but it is comforting altho a few more chairs would be good as it is a very busy hotel. Staff are very attentive and the breakfast has a good and varied selection of food. Staff were quick to clean up the tables. Our room was quite spacious and the bathroom was a reasonable size but the shower continually leaked over the floor - maybe a difficult problem to fix as the water seems to seep out near the doorhinge even tho they have applied seals to most areas. The bed was very comfy. The pool was delighful as the water temperature was refreshing - not warm and soupy like many hotel pools in hot cities. There is a lovely view too from the pool area on the 2nd floor. A few minor complaints - my adaptor did not work and neither did any that the hotel supplied. Very strange as I had no problems in Kuching or at the Shangri La resort. The spa/massage prices were very expensive so I gave it a miss. There is a fee for use of the hotel's computer in the Business Centre. Otherwise the hotel is a top pick if you are staying in KK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu embraces the aesthetic and eclectic beauty of Sabah while showcasing superb views of the city, Mount Kinabalu, and the South China Sea. Located in downtown Kota Kinabalu, and within easy walking distance of local attractions, the commercial district, and retail and entertainment facilities, the hotel provides easy access to some of Malaysia’s finest beaches and golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Meridien Kota Kinabalu
- Kota Kinabalu Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Sabah