Due to short notice on having to decide a week in KK from NY Eve; Le Meridien was the only hotel left with rooms across the dates. With the direct flight from Perth arriving at 6.30am we chose to pay for the room the night before rather than wait for check-in time being 2.00pm. The direct flight from Perth is cramped and little chance to sleep but still better than via KL which makes the air time double!
At check-in our room was not available even though we had paid for it the night before. Another couple on the same flight with young children were having the same challenge as ourselves and the reception persons appeared to be in a quandary. To their credit, an exec decision was made and we were offered a suite on the smokers floor over looking the seafront and the night markets. The suite had a lounge area, and a dining area, powder room and huge bedroom and bathroom, a bit worn at the edges but very comfortable nevertheless.
Staying in central city for the first time was the best decision for us at it allowed us to explore a lot more on foot and many new discoveries came from that. Prior visits to KK had been shuttled from Tanjung Aru Resort by cab to the city to shop and then back again, giving little opportunity to explore outside of the main shopping centres.
The food at Le M was excellent, Breakfast catered to all tastes with a strong bias to local cuisine for those who appreciate it. Staff are very courteous and responsive to guests needs. The highlight of dining for us was the seafood smorgasbord at the Le M which we partook with friends. The variety, quality and presentation of the seafood was a step beyond anything we have had in Perth. The cost was around $30AUD for a total banquet well in excess of our expectations.
The door staff at Le M were always ready to suggest options and places to eat within walking distance and as is usual with those that live in the "land beneath the wind":more than ready to have a laugh with you to brighten your and their day!
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Hotel
- Meridien Kota Kinabalu
- Kota Kinabalu Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Sabah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu embraces the aesthetic and eclectic beauty of Sabah while showcasing superb views of the city, Mount Kinabalu, and the South China Sea. Located in downtown Kota Kinabalu, and within easy walking distance of local attractions, the commercial district, and retail and entertainment facilities, the hotel provides easy access to some of Malaysia’s finest beaches and golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.