We have just returned from Le Meridien spending a week there for my husband's 60th birthday and what a treat! Location was perfect as we wandered safely around KK and took part in shopping, sightseeing,and watching the Malaysian way of life on the docks from our Ocean View Room which is worth the extra price.Sunset was absolutely awesome.
Check in was quick and efficient. Room was clean, spacious and very comfortable. We did Orangutan trip at Rasa Ria and Mari Mari Cultural show, both organised by tour desk. Took taxi to Jesselton Jetty to book ticket easily from there to Mamutik and Sapi Islands, great snorkelling and seeing monitor lizards was amazing for me. The pool area is great, perfect in the humid afternoon for an ice cold beer and a dip after a morning shopping, etc. Gym is well equipped with a view from the treadmill to die for!!
Food at The Circle restaurant in the hotel is a feast and they have everthing you could possibly want. We had the buffet breakfast included in our package and honestly they had it all!! Even waffles! Nice touch was the "Appetite Stimulator" which were shots of chilled (mango,chili,lime)or (cherry,clove,lime). The food is well priced and it is open all day for dining, The sunday noon barbeque around the pool at $16 each is value for money.
We ate mostly there at night but did try the Koinoor Indian restaurant to the left down the road, which was also delicious.
The best part of the Le Meridien in KK is the staff! From the maitre de to the porter, they are highly attentive, warm and friendly and will answer any query you may have. My husband had two waitresses sing Happy Birthday to him as they brought out a "cake for 2". We were allowed to check out a bit later as our flight was in the late afternoon, honestly nothing is too much trouble for these people. We felt like family and have many wonderful memories of our trip to Sabah. Thank You Le Meridien, we will definitely be back. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu embraces the aesthetic and eclectic beauty of Sabah while showcasing superb views of the city, Mount Kinabalu, and the South China Sea. Located in downtown Kota Kinabalu, and within easy walking distance of local attractions, the commercial district, and retail and entertainment facilities, the hotel provides easy access to some of Malaysia’s finest beaches and golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Meridien Kota Kinabalu
- Kota Kinabalu Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Sabah