We chose the Méridien because we wanted a good hotel at the end of a long trip through Malaysia, and because the pricing on Expedia was really good. We stayed three different times recently.
The hotel is located across the road from the night market, which is one of the best things about KK. We had a marvellous view of it, and of the boats in the harbour.
This was the only "western" hotel we stayed in during our trip, and it had the advantages and disadvantages of being a high end chain hotel. The first room we stayed in was so large, it was out of proportion to the furnishing and had far too much empty space. We enjoyed the more normal size rooms we had on other visits - though even these were very large. The hotel itself has a large number of rooms and is very busy. Check-in, however, was excruciatingly slow, as if they really did not understand how to find an empty room and check us in to it - and this was not just on one visit. While insisting they would bring up our luggage (something we could have done ourselves) they were also very slow in doing so, as if they had forgotten about it, until I phoned to remind them.
We did not eat in the hotel restaurant as the prices were high compared to local places, and in fact it was a great treat to just cross the road and eat in the night market, particularly when we had barbecued fish.
However the outstanding view out over the harbour and Gaya Island made up for any small shortcomings and we would happily go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu embraces the aesthetic and eclectic beauty of Sabah while showcasing superb views of the city, Mount Kinabalu, and the South China Sea. Located in downtown Kota Kinabalu, and within easy walking distance of local attractions, the commercial district, and retail and entertainment facilities, the hotel provides easy access to some of Malaysia’s finest beaches and golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Meridien Kota Kinabalu
- Kota Kinabalu Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Sabah