“okay average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lintas View Hotel

Lintas View Hotel
You added Lintas View Hotel to your Saves list
Lintas View Hotel
Lintas Station Complex, 5th & 6th Floor | Jalan Lintas, Kota Kinabalu 88300, Malaysia   |
Ranked #67 of 93 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Keningau, Sabah, Malaysia
“okay average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Average service, big clean and spacious room, location is strategic neaby good food and stalls, just that...no coffee provided?? Nothing too spacial to talk about
price is slightly higer in my opinion
Parking wasn't that's a bad news for a hotel just above a parking premise
Will revisit because of this hotel's strategic location
Nearby good pork noodle, western upper star restaurent and bar, pick and pay convenience store and etc etc, also many night entertainment around this area

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Room is big and comfortable. Cleanliness is satisfied except the toilet which was smelly. (Maybe I was unlucky) Price is a bit high except you choose room without window which will save RM 30 per day. Overall is okay except the staff was terrible who was impatient of serving me when I was check in. Obviously, can see he was so arrogant and did not say thank you to the customer. Seriously need to improve!!!

Room Tip: Choose room without windows if you want to save cost.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My customer booked this hotel for me.

So here are my comments - the room description is misleading.

The windows for the room for RM148 room type is "indoor". The building and set up of the hotel is weird. Hotel rooms starts on 5 floors. Supposed to be "non-smoking rooms" but the receptionist told my colleague "if you wan to smoke, u need to open up the In-room windows". What is the point?

No breakfast were provided as well.

Room is roomy but set up was quite old fashion. Room is dark but cleanliness is acceptable.

Thanks

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Kota Kinabalu
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed here twice and the first experience was not bad (back in May 2013), room was fine and clean. I decided to stay again last night, so I booked for a bigger room than my previous stay but the hotel were fully booked and they downgraded my book to deluxe room (from premier room).
the reception had a poor communication skill, I don't think they have a hospitality background at all. One of the receptionist was non friendly and I did not feel welcomed.

The receptionist told me that the my room was ready, however when we got into the room you could literally see there were dirt on the floor, don't even mention how it feels when it stick on your feet. They were numbers of hairs and small papers, you could tell they never clean the floor for ages. I felt like asking them a hoover and do it myself. The bed was not done nicely and the duvet were not washes properly, wasn't soften enough. But the other things in the room was okay.

The price was okay, you could get cheaper rate when you book through their website and the location are alright, variety of restaurnts around. parking was easy too. (don't forget to ask for a stamp on your ticket or your parking expenses will be very high)

Overall I think the quality of the room was okay, but I would strongly recommend the manager to improve their service, especially on communication skill and cleanliness. From my perception I don't think their even care in giving good experience to guest.

Seriously need an improvement! If I was the one running this hotel, I wouldnt want it to go to waste, really needs to secure they service and quality!!

Room Tip: Do not stay in a non window room!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

We (young couple) have spent 1 night at this hotel...just for a stopover between the flights. Positive: location (many shops nearby, 15 min. to airport), price Negative: Receptionists need to learn proper English, Wlan available but not always working, Hair of former guests in bathroom.

• Stayed April 2013
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I agree with other reivews that the location is great. Close to lots of shops, places to eat and grab a drink. But the hotel was not up to our standards (heck, anyone's standards?). We booked an executive room and were excited to stay. It just went downhill from check in. We arrived after check in time and were told our room wasn't ready and there would be a 20 minute wait while housekeeping went to clean it. We were a little annoyed but we settled into their internet stations to pass the time. After 20 minutes we went to front desk again to ask if our room was ready and they said it was (couldn't have come and notified us 20 feet away?). We got to the room and it was NOTHING like the pictures they have sitting at the front desk or online. In fact, it wasn't even an executive room. We were convinced it was one of the deluxe ones as it was TINY. It was one of the smallest hotel rooms we have ever been in. We didn't want to complain because we were already even more annoyed so we just decided to settle in (the exchange rate is pretty good so really, we didn't care too much if they thought they could get away with giving us a different room for the price).

And when I used gross in my title, it went from EWW to DISGUSTING. It was apparent housekeeping DID NOT clean the room. And if they did, they did a poor job. There was HAIR EVERYWHERE. Hair in the bed, hair on the pillows, hair on the carpet, hair on the SLIPPERS AND BATHROBES, around the sink, etc. I could go on. The bathroom appeared shoddily constructed and I was terrified to even stay in the room. But we were just visiting family in the city and didn't know where else to go so we just decided to stay. What a nightmare. The bed was also extremely hard and you could feel the coils and the pillows were flat.

The front desk staff were not helpful at all. We asked if we could get another room because ours hadn't been cleaned yet and they said no. If the room WAS clean, it wouldn't have been a big deal. But it just seemed like they didn't care and it was just a gross way to spend a night away with my husband. We made a bad choice staying here. Don't trust the pictures but maybe you'll have better luck.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kuching
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This being a good location for travelers as it is near to airport and close to the town center. There are many food outlets within the walking distance. Some of the food outlet are the branches famous eatery of Kota Kinabalu. For those who like to go for clubbing and drinks, all are within the area.

For those who book online, if you do not like to stay in room without windows, please check first. The room that I stay was clean but is a bit dusty. They do not make up room unless you request for it. So, hope this tip shall enable you to have a more pleasant stay.

Overall, is a place to stay if you do not mind a bit outskirt and less traffic.

Room Tip: Room with window are slightly more expensive.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Lintas View Hotel? Share your experiences!