I stayed at the Pacific Sutera wing for 3 nights. The location is good. Not too far from the airport and the city. The city is around 10 minutes drive from the hotel.
My room though not new was well maintained and clean. It had its own ironing board. The toilet was spacious and had both a tub and a shower. The only that spoiled it was the TV. Reception was bad and I was limited to a few channels only. To be fair, I did not bother asking a for a new TV. Maybe I would get a replacement TV if I had asked.
The sea view is splendid. And the sea is relatively clean and clear as I could see plenty of marine life under the jetty. It had 2 very small beach strips in front of both the Pacific Sutera and the Magellan. Don't expect to do much beach activities here. I saw nets protecting the beach most probably to protect swimmers from jelly fish as I was told. There are booths selling tickets for boat rides and other sea recreational activities. I went to their gym which was small but had decent equipments.
The complimentary breakfast buffet served is average, both in terms of choices and flavor.
The hotel provided an excellent free shuttle service to commute to the city. I found this very convenient and useful and many of the hotel guests used this to get to the city.
The hotel staff I met were helpful and friendly. Some even went out of their way to help us. However beware of your valuables. One of the guest left her handphone at her table in the lounge and it was gone when she came back for it. When she called her own handphone, the person answering it had the guts to say she has called the wrong number!
Finally, I've never encountered a hotel so strict in enforcing the 12 noon checkout time. At 10 min to noon, access to my room was barred and I could not get in using my card key. They should have given some leeway after 12 noon. And I was not alone in finding oneself locked out of their room at 12 noon. There was 3 other guests with me at the reception asking for our rooms to be unlocked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sutera Harbour Resort is Malaysia’s foremost premier integrated property. The Resort encompasses the luxurious accommodation of The Pacific Sutera and The Magellan Sutera hotels, a 27-hole championship golf course, Sutera Harbour Marina & Country Club, two Mandara Spas and a host of dining and recreational facilities. Sutera Harbour Resort is also affiliated with 5 other eco-destinations in Sabah managed through Sutera Sanctuary Lodges including Kinabalu Park, Mesilau Nature Resort, Laban Rata, Poring Hot Spring & Nature Reserve and Manukan Island Resort. The Resort also offers a luxury charter division, North Borneo Yachting and steam locomotive through North Borneo Railway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera And The Magellan Sutera)
- Sutera Harbour Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Kota Kinabalu
- Magellan Sutera
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) Kota Kinabalu, Sabah