We spent the final 3 nights of our Borneo adventure honeymoon at the superb Shangri La Rasa Ria resort. We stayed in an ocean wing premier suite and it was divine. It was a real treat to have access to the separate (and far less populated) swimming pool and Coast restaurant for breakfast. We often had the pool to ourselves for the first 2-3 hours each morning. The staff were exceptional. Rose petals on the bed as a honeymoon treat. Serenaded by the local band on our last night. Fruit and room oils each day. Private huge spa bath on the balcony. Gorgeous bathroom toiletries.
Great selection of restaurants. The staff were great and catered for our vegan diet.
But the best bit is the access to the orangutan rehabilitation centre. We visited the centre on 2 separate occasions. The baby orangutans are a real treat. You really must peel yourself away from the pool to make the visit.
The spa is also worth a visit for a massage or 2 (albeit a little pricey).
Highly highly recommend staying in an ocean view room (for couples). Kids would be better on the other side of the resort.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Ria Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Ria Hotel
- Shangri Las Rasa Ria Hotel
- Shangri La Rasa Ria
- Rasa Ria
- Shangri La Rasa Ria Resort
- Rasa Ria Resort
- Shangri Las Rasa Ria Resort
- Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort is set on Pantai Dalit beach surrounded by 400 acres of lush tropical vegetation, including a unique nature reserve. Here you'll meet Sabah's icon, the fascinating Orang Utan, as well as a remarkable array of indigenous flora and fauna. Unexpected encounters with hornbills who glide right overhead, peacocks walking by during breakfast, a friendly bear cat greeting you from a tree or the occasional wild rabbit, iguana or squirrel crossing your path are all part of the magic of this remarkable resort. Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort goes beyond the offerings of Kota Kinabalu hotels by providing numerous options for relaxation. This includes the magnificent Spa at Dalit Bay, a wide range of water sports, Rasa Ria's own catamarans for cruises and deep sea fishing, a challenging 18-hole championship golf course, ATV safaris, tennis, horse riding, a fitness centre and, of course, a fun-filled Kids' Club to care for younger visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Tingo, AsiaRooms, Otel and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.