We had a delightful time here at this superb hotel. Spending 4 days and 3 nights there just wasn't enough! Initially, we booked a sea view room at the garden wing, but upgraded to the ocean wing upon arrival. Very thankful to the management for offering us the upgrade!
The ocean wing room is absolutely marvelous! Decorated exquisitely, the room was incredibly comfortable, spacious and spotless! The balcony comes with a large bathtub. Privacy was sufficient as roller blinders/shadings are available at the touch of a button.
The complimentary toiletries provided were of the L'occitane range! Indeed a first class standard. Adding more to our amazements, there was also a coffee machine (Nespresso) waiting for us in the room. Finest coffee capsules replenished always. As a coffee lover myself, I appreciate these little niceties. Nightly turndown service includes scented oil burner placed in the room with the choice of preferred fragrances.
Being an ocean wing guest, you can either choose to enjoy buffet breakfast at The Coast or Coffee Terrace. Both places are terrific with wide selections of food. But personally I prefer The Coast because unfortunately at the Coffee Terrace we experienced an invasion of flies that was just a bother. My advice is to insist on a table inside the restaurant.
To the hotel staffs, my kudos to you all for making the guest feel nothing but warmth and welcomed. They were all respectfully friendly and kind and most certainly helpful. We will never forget the unexpected attention and generous support offered to us during our short stay.
Suttle bus service to KK town is availble at certain scheduled times.(return fare @ RM35). I feel obligated to point this out; do ensure time allocation of at least 15-30mins ahead of the scheduled pick up time as the bus will just swiftly pick up and almost immediately drive off without waiting for anyone eventhough time of return has been notified and noted down during ticket purchase @ the concierge. Perhaps contacting guest via mobile to alert them the bus is about to leave soon would not be such a bad idea in my opinion. Anyway, eventually the hotel management did offered to send a driver to pick us up after we alerted them that we have missed the bus by a minute or two. Although we declined the offer at that time, we still appreciate the kind gesture.
Other than that we absolutely enjoyed our stay.here, and most definately coming back for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort is set on Pantai Dalit beach surrounded by 400 acres of lush tropical vegetation, including a unique nature reserve. Here you'll meet Sabah's icon, the fascinating Orang Utan, as well as a remarkable array of indigenous flora and fauna. Unexpected encounters with hornbills who glide right overhead, peacocks walking by during breakfast, a friendly bear cat greeting you from a tree or the occasional wild rabbit, iguana or squirrel crossing your path are all part of the magic of this remarkable resort. Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort goes beyond the offerings of Kota Kinabalu hotels by providing numerous options for relaxation. This includes the magnificent Spa at Dalit Bay, a wide range of water sports, Rasa Ria's own catamarans for cruises and deep sea fishing, a challenging 18-hole championship golf course, ATV safaris, tennis, horse riding, a fitness centre and, of course, a fun-filled Kids' Club to care for younger visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, AsiaRooms, Orbitz, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Hotel.de, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Ria Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri Las Rasa Ria Hotel
- Shangri La Rasa Ria Resort
- Rasa Ria Resort
- Shangri Las Rasa Ria Resort
- Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort Kota Kinabalu, Sabah