Stayed here recently with friends and had a wonderful time. Room was lovely and definitely worth paying extra for the sea view.
Construction work is currently going on at the hotel (on the ocean wing side) but this did not disrupt our stay at all (we stayed in the garden wing). Heard the noise slightly one day by the pool but that was it.
Breakfast was excellent with an endless choice of food. Plenty of choice for lunch and supper as well though quite expensive.
Glorious large beach and beautifully warm sea (though lots of jellyfish whilst we were there which made swimming interesting!).
Went to the Orang-utan sanctuary next door as well. We had just come from the jungle where we had seen them in the wild but still great to see them so close up in the sanctuary.
Service was excellent throughout the hotel (as I have come to expect from Shangri-la hotels).
We could not decide between staying here or heading out to one of the Island resorts but in the end being 3 friends travelling together we decided the Rasa Ria was a better option and we were not disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort is set on Pantai Dalit beach surrounded by 400 acres of lush tropical vegetation, including a unique nature reserve. Here you'll meet Sabah's icon, the fascinating Orang Utan, as well as a remarkable array of indigenous flora and fauna. Unexpected encounters with hornbills who glide right overhead, peacocks walking by during breakfast, a friendly bear cat greeting you from a tree or the occasional wild rabbit, iguana or squirrel crossing your path are all part of the magic of this remarkable resort. Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort goes beyond the offerings of Kota Kinabalu hotels by providing numerous options for relaxation. This includes the magnificent Spa at Dalit Bay, a wide range of water sports, Rasa Ria's own catamarans for cruises and deep sea fishing, a challenging 18-hole championship golf course, ATV safaris, tennis, horse riding, a fitness centre and, of course, a fun-filled Kids' Club to care for younger visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, AsiaRooms, Orbitz, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Ria Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri Las Rasa Ria Hotel
- Shangri La Rasa Ria Resort
- Rasa Ria Resort
- Shangri Las Rasa Ria Resort
- Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort Kota Kinabalu, Sabah