Who we are - We are a family of 4 with two young kids who live in Singapore and travel around Asia frequently.
What a great place. The grounds and resort a spectacular if you are looking for a secluded family adventure and time to unwind.
Food - Enjoyed the restaurants (Japanese and the standalone restaurant near the beach were our favorites). Breakfast was very nice and great location.
Grounds - The grounds are meticulously well kept, Golf is fantastic and well maintained course. The neighboring game reserve was really phenominal - kids and adults loved it.
Rooms - rooms are spacious and well appointed. Recommend staying on a garden level so you have your own walkout patio area great to feel like you are staying in your own sanctuary.
Pool - pool is a bit dated, but I heard from friends its recently been refurbished.
Beach - beach is OK, not as great as others, but still very good.
Area - You are not in town and will need ot arrange a shuttle/taxi to go to town. In the wild so enjoy it for what it is.
Bottom line, I highly recommend. One of our standout vacations.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Ria Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Ria Hotel
- Shangri Las Rasa Ria Hotel
- Shangri La Rasa Ria
- Rasa Ria
- Shangri La Rasa Ria Resort
- Rasa Ria Resort
- Shangri Las Rasa Ria Resort
- Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort is set on Pantai Dalit beach surrounded by 400 acres of lush tropical vegetation, including a unique nature reserve. Here you'll meet Sabah's icon, the fascinating Orang Utan, as well as a remarkable array of indigenous flora and fauna. Unexpected encounters with hornbills who glide right overhead, peacocks walking by during breakfast, a friendly bear cat greeting you from a tree or the occasional wild rabbit, iguana or squirrel crossing your path are all part of the magic of this remarkable resort. Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort goes beyond the offerings of Kota Kinabalu hotels by providing numerous options for relaxation. This includes the magnificent Spa at Dalit Bay, a wide range of water sports, Rasa Ria's own catamarans for cruises and deep sea fishing, a challenging 18-hole championship golf course, ATV safaris, tennis, horse riding, a fitness centre and, of course, a fun-filled Kids' Club to care for younger visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Splendia, Tingo, Priceline, AsiaRooms, Otel and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.