I stayed here for eight nights at the end of April/beginning of May on a business visit.
The front desk staff are very friendly, warm, courteous, efficient and professional. A couple of them even remembered my name and addressed me as such in the mornings. Given the amount of people passing through a hotel of that size, I found that quite impressive and a nice touch.
I requested a room as high as possible following the comments of a previous reviewer who had mentioned on the noise of a hotel function coming up through the floors. My room was on the tenth floor and very quiet indeed.
My room had a sea view and, unbeknown to me at the time, commanded a significant premium over the town view. I'm not sure the premium is worth it but the sea view is beautiful and the town view of a shabby adjacent building is rather grim. See for yourself and perhaps try and negotiate a reduced premium for the sea view.
Anyway, the rooms are particularly large, I would say at least 50 square metres. The work desk and surrounding space is more than adequate, wi-fi has a good signal throughout the hotel and not just in your room, sufficient power sockets for lap tops and other devices.
The room has a decent sized television should you find the time to relax.
The beds are pretty big and supremely comfortable.
The bathrooms is very spacious with a separate toilet room. The bath/shower has a large window into the main room which is great for watching the football while you shower. Not so good for movies though as you need the volume cranked up to a ridiculous volume which the neighbours might object too.
The wardrobes, although large, have an absence of underwear drawers which is unusual.
The breakfast in the restaurant is very good. Superb choice which caters for western and Asian diets. However, the a la carte menu for the evenings is very limited. If you're working late and just need a bite then it's adequate but if you have the time, I'd suggest eating out. That said, the Mosaic cafe is pretty good and their selection of chocolate cake is to die for.
The gym is pretty well equipped and even has a Smith machine. The pool however, is adequate but not much use if you like to swim a kilometre before work - it's to small for that but ok to relax by.
As a final point, I checked out in a hurry and left my iPad to TV connector and HDMI lead behind. The hotel located and couriered them back to me which is pretty good service.
In summary, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel but would advise you to be sure of the rate you're paying for your room upon check-in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience five-star Sabahan hospitality at Hyatt Regency Kinabalu, the premier choice for business and leisure travellers to Sabah, the Land Below the Wind. This luxury hotel in Sabah is a mere 15 minutes drive from Kota Kinabalu International Airport, offering a central location in the heart of the city close to tourist attractions and stunning views of the famed sunsets in Kota Kinabalu. Unwind in one of our 288 spacious rooms and suites all exquisitely designed with sophisticated comfort in mind plus some of the best views in Kota Kinabalu including those of the sparkling South China Sea or the Kinabalu city surroundings. Dining options at our three Kinabalu restaurants and bars are a food aficionado's delight with some of the best food the city has to offer. Be it a dip in the blue waters of the outdoor pool, a relaxing massage at the Avantang Spa and fitness centre or a party at our Shenanigan's Fun Pub, our Kota Kinabalu hotel in Sabah has it all for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Hyatt Regency Kota Kinabalu
- Hyatt Kota Kinabalu
- Hyatt Regency Kinabalu Kota Kinabalu, Sabah