Our family of 2 adults and three children (including a toddler) stayed at Shangrila Tanjung Aru during the first week fo Sep 07 after the busy one-week holiday in Malaysia.
We didn't stay on the Horizon Floor but booked a suite and signed on for an all inclusive package that includes most meals and laundry.
A plus point of the hotel was the friendly and responsive staff from the chambermaids to the restaurant waiters/waitresses who bothered to remember our names and attended promptly to our needs. It was true that the housekeeping and restaurant staff struggled whenever it was crowded but the situation was still acceptable during the week I was there.
Another factor which was not highlighted by previous reviews was the resort's attention to the guests' safety. The lifeguards were always around at the pools and the staff of the boat/ferry services to the islands took attendence and were physically around the jetty areas of the islands we visited to account for everyone and to be of assistance if necessary. All these precautions were taken in a discrete manner.
On the whole, we felt that we gotten what we paid for. Would return if we plan another trip to KK. The only other beach resort/ holiday that we have enjoyed more (in terms of better beaches, cheaper food etc etc than KK) was Krabi in Thailand, but that would be another story altogether.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Hotel
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Resort
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Hotel
- Tanjung Aru
- Shangri La Tanjung Aru
- Shangri La Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just ten minutes from Kota Kinabalu International Airport the resort is set in 25 acres of award-winning gardens along the sweeping bay with a private beach overlooking the islands of Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park. The contemporary rooms provide modern luxury and are situated in two separate wings overlooking the mountain or stunning South China Sea. The resort offers a wealth of recreational facilities such as a beach, four tennis courts, a nine-hole pitch and putt golf course, Leisure Centre, fully equipped Health Club and Borneo’s largest kids club. Other facilities include a brand new 2,000 sq. meter pool with tapered shoreline and infinity section for adults, Sunset Bar, Coco-Joe’s Bar & Grill, Health Club and Cool Box Ice Cream Bar.In February, 2013 the resort unveiled a brand new STAR Marina. At the STAR Marina, one can choose to go sailing, windsurfing, water-skiing or take a day trip to the island for swimming, snorkeling or scuba diving. Additionally, the marina also offers private charter services, fishing and diving courses and equipment for rent. With seven restaurants and bars, the resort offers a multitude of dining experiences and culinary creations ranging from Asian to international favorites and is also home to the award winning CHI, The Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, AsiaRooms, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.