We had originally booked an Horizon Club room and was a little disapointed. The room were Ok but not to our usual standard. I understand that they are all due to be refurbished this year. So at check in there was notes about upgrading to suites so we asked the cost.
We were show the Tanjung Executive site, it was simply stunning what was the cost? It was only going to be £50 per night so we decided to do it and it just ,made our holiday fantastic!
Eating at the hotel was very expensive compared to typical Malaysian meals cost for example £8 for sandwich and chips at lunch. Opposite the hotel was a great place to eat Beachbums only opened 4 weeks ago( sandwich and drink £1.50) great food, service and value.
Easy to get to KK and eat out at the waterfront where you are spoilt for choice, Seafood, Indian, ect
Horizon club was great for breakfast, evening cocktails and nibbles and free drinks during the day, when you need a rest from the sun.
This was the better hotel to stay at than the Rasa Ria, it too far from anything!
Lovely and quiet around the pools or you could find a nice quiet spot on the grass or beach. Health club was also very nice.
A great holiday
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A paradise for the senses surrounded by natural beautyA gentle breeze caresses your face as you wake to the sound of waves lapping the beach. The balcony opens up to an inspiring vista of sparkling coral islands and swaying of palm trees. Tunku Abdul Rahman Park, bordered by crystal clear waters and lush vegetation Sophistication surrounds you in a lavishly decorated suite inspired by Borneo’s rich cultural heritage. Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu, is a perfect tropical getaway, a luxurious tranquil retreat just a short drive from the city.Yet, excitement beckons as you set out to discover all Kota Kinabalu’s delights. Making your way to Kinabalu National Park, you are thrust into a jungle paradise of natural wonders, rugged landscapes and scenic beauty. From the Rafflesia, the largest flower in the world, to the famous Orangutans in their natural habitat, it only gets more breathtaking every step of the way.The afternoon is spent exploring the picturesque town of Kota Belud. As Sabah’s largest and most popular open market, you find gems of all sorts, ranging from handmade handicrafts to mouth-watering local delights like natural honey.Back at the resort, you look forward to a sunset cruise, which departs from STAR Marina, to catch Borneo's famous sunset. Not long after, you wind down at Coco-Joe’s Bar & Grill. Lounging atop one of the beach-dining platforms, over cocktails and a delectable seafood tower, you continue to enjoy the sound of overlapping waves on the shores of Sunset Beach. A pampering session at CHI, The Spa rounds off the day. With treatments based on traditional Asian healing philosophies, you lose yourself in an enchanted and indulgent journey, all on the resort’s private spa island.For every experience here, you are surrounded by natural beauty. And it all begins at Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Resort
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Hotel
- Shangri La Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa Kota Kinabalu, Sabah