My wife and I stayed here on our 2nd stop on our Honeymoon. Were we stayed in the Mandarin Oriental in KL and went on to Tanjunt Rhu in Langkawi afther K.
Stayed in Tanjung wing. Beautiful room.
Hotel was well kept and clean.
Sunsets at the coco bar area is special.
Coco bar has some very nice food.
Arrival was very good we were met by a bubbly representative laugh and joking didn't make feel too informal. But, we then noticed this seemed to be a mixed in the staff some were very intuitive and wanted to have a chat. Others were very dismissive almost you didn't exist.
Beware of the sand flees on beaches here. My wife got a sand flee bite on her leg and got a horrible infection she had to go to the doctor and had to get her calf bandaged up. Although medical centre was very pleasant and friendly and we were dealt with very efficently.
I would diffentely NOT recommend eating at the chinese restaurant at the hotel.
I ordered Duck and my wife ordered chicken szechuan. Szechuan was okay at best and the duck although normally fatty meat was bland and tasteless. And staff appeared to be oblivious to the fact that a MOUSE was running around the restaurant floor. They should close this resaurant down and make something else out of it as it's terrible.
On the brighter side the Italian restaurant has very good food as do Coco bar as I mentioned.
Go on the 5 island tour it's a good day out and great food on this trip.
We flew to SANDAKAN to the Sepilok orangutan rehabilitation center. This is a good day out but be prepared to get up and an ungodly time 5am. Although the day was long in parts it still was a good day out.
I would definitely come back here as we lost a day or 2 because of them darn sand fleas
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Hotel
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Resort
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Hotel
- Tanjung Aru
- Shangri La Tanjung Aru
- Shangri La Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just ten minutes from Kota Kinabalu International Airport the resort is set in 25 acres of award-winning gardens along the sweeping bay with a private beach overlooking the islands of Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park. The contemporary rooms provide modern luxury and are situated in two separate wings overlooking the mountain or stunning South China Sea. The resort offers a wealth of recreational facilities such as a beach, four tennis courts, a nine-hole pitch and putt golf course, Leisure Centre, fully equipped Health Club and Borneo’s largest kids club. Other facilities include a brand new 2,000 sq. meter pool with tapered shoreline and infinity section for adults, Sunset Bar, Coco-Joe’s Bar & Grill, Health Club and Cool Box Ice Cream Bar.In February, 2013 the resort unveiled a brand new STAR Marina. At the STAR Marina, one can choose to go sailing, windsurfing, water-skiing or take a day trip to the island for swimming, snorkeling or scuba diving. Additionally, the marina also offers private charter services, fishing and diving courses and equipment for rent. With seven restaurants and bars, the resort offers a multitude of dining experiences and culinary creations ranging from Asian to international favorites and is also home to the award winning CHI, The Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, AsiaRooms, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.