Until there're new truly "5-star" hotels in KK, I'll not visit there anymore:
The breakfast buffet variety is just so so, average standard, staff's attitude is un-friendly and distant because it's too crowded (due to high residence rate all year round) and they're always busy with orders. Coffee is not good, when I ordered Chai on the menu, I said no sugar, but turned out it was super sweet. Unless you go very early for breakfast, I guarantee you that it'll take some time for you to find a comfortable place to sit.
The worst part is sleep quality. Hotel room is ok, big enough for solo travel, but the wall is not sound proof. I can clearly hear my neighbor's talking and WhatsApp sounds of their mobiles, this is ridiculous! If you want a sound, peaceful and quiet sleep, this is not the right place for sure, as early in the morning all sounds and noises will come in your ears, neighbors, kids outside in the yard and people walking by your door while they're talking…..
For the sunset bar, it's not as spectacular as expected, and again, too crowded, you'll have hard time finding a seat around and taking photos sunset time.
The only good memory is that it's queit and and very few people in the swimming pool at night, and the pool looks beautiful at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A paradise for the senses surrounded by natural beautyA gentle breeze caresses your face as you wake to the sound of waves lapping the beach. The balcony opens up to an inspiring vista of sparkling coral islands and swaying of palm trees. Tunku Abdul Rahman Park, bordered by crystal clear waters and lush vegetation Sophistication surrounds you in a lavishly decorated suite inspired by Borneo’s rich cultural heritage. Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu, is a perfect tropical getaway, a luxurious tranquil retreat just a short drive from the city.Yet, excitement beckons as you set out to discover all Kota Kinabalu’s delights. Making your way to Kinabalu National Park, you are thrust into a jungle paradise of natural wonders, rugged landscapes and scenic beauty. From the Rafflesia, the largest flower in the world, to the famous Orangutans in their natural habitat, it only gets more breathtaking every step of the way.The afternoon is spent exploring the picturesque town of Kota Belud. As Sabah’s largest and most popular open market, you find gems of all sorts, ranging from handmade handicrafts to mouth-watering local delights like natural honey.Back at the resort, you look forward to a sunset cruise, which departs from STAR Marina, to catch Borneo's famous sunset. Not long after, you wind down at Coco-Joe’s Bar & Grill. Lounging atop one of the beach-dining platforms, over cocktails and a delectable seafood tower, you continue to enjoy the sound of overlapping waves on the shores of Sunset Beach. A pampering session at CHI, The Spa rounds off the day. With treatments based on traditional Asian healing philosophies, you lose yourself in an enchanted and indulgent journey, all on the resort’s private spa island.For every experience here, you are surrounded by natural beauty. And it all begins at Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotel.de, AsiaRooms, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Resort
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Hotel
- Shangri La Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa Kota Kinabalu, Sabah