We have just returned from Kota Kinabulu and I feel compelled to write about our stay at the Shangri-La.
I stayed there with my family (including my parents) and it was a truly wonderful experience.
The staff there are courteous and caring. My mother had broken her foot several weeks before we travelled and needed a wheel chair. The staff there looked after her like family and nothing was ever too much trouble.
They even made arrangements to ensure my mother had a wheelchait at the airport on our departure.
The quality of the staff there was the best I have experienced.
Nothing is too much trouble.
The facilities are also very good - whether its at the fitness club, by the pool or arranging a day outing, the standards are very high.
Due to my mother's disability we ate at the hotel several times...our most memorable experience was dinner at Coco Joes by the Capbana watching the sun go down.
Sure it is pricier than if you ate in the City but if you want a pleasurable dining experience with beautiful views then I could thoroughly recommend one night at Coca Joe's and also drinks at their Sunset Bar.
All in all an A+++ experience....
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Hotel
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Resort
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Hotel
- Tanjung Aru
- Shangri La Tanjung Aru
- Shangri La Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just ten minutes from Kota Kinabalu International Airport the resort is set in 25 acres of award-winning gardens along the sweeping bay with a private beach overlooking the islands of Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park. The contemporary rooms provide modern luxury and are situated in two separate wings overlooking the mountain or stunning South China Sea. The resort offers a wealth of recreational facilities such as a beach, four tennis courts, a nine-hole pitch and putt golf course, Leisure Centre, fully equipped Health Club and Borneo’s largest kids club. Other facilities include a brand new 2,000 sq. meter pool with tapered shoreline and infinity section for adults, Sunset Bar, Coco-Joe’s Bar & Grill, Health Club and Cool Box Ice Cream Bar.In February, 2013 the resort unveiled a brand new STAR Marina. At the STAR Marina, one can choose to go sailing, windsurfing, water-skiing or take a day trip to the island for swimming, snorkeling or scuba diving. Additionally, the marina also offers private charter services, fishing and diving courses and equipment for rent. With seven restaurants and bars, the resort offers a multitude of dining experiences and culinary creations ranging from Asian to international favorites and is also home to the award winning CHI, The Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo, AsiaRooms, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.