First step down from the taxi, the warmest greetings from the hotel staff making you feeling rather special. Though i must say, i was quite disappointed as my check in wasn't being served any welcoming drinks while the other check in guests have. This is rather inconsistent for an international hotel despite the number of guests arriving there.
Well, lets not spoil our day. One step into the room, wow!! enjoying panoramic sea views with the splashing sea waves sounds at the balcony, just took all those worries off your minds. toilet are clean and well equipped with all the necessities. Those lovely beaches, pools for kids and adults awaiting for us... And the nice part was, there is a mini water theme park. Kids heaven!!! There are few selections of restaurants to choose from from chinese cuisine to western. Varieties of activities being listed n the hotel. Approach the hotel receptionist and they are willing to help you register in one of the activities. You'll never be bored here. Gym, spa, sauna you named it, were good. especially their gym, loved it. biking, treadmill, muscles building or yoga, you choose it. their sunset bar was fantastic one. bear in mind, night time have insects. if you dont want any of those in your rooms, close your balcony door!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A paradise for the senses surrounded by natural beautyA gentle breeze caresses your face as you wake to the sound of waves lapping the beach. The balcony opens up to an inspiring vista of sparkling coral islands and swaying of palm trees. Tunku Abdul Rahman Park, bordered by crystal clear waters and lush vegetation Sophistication surrounds you in a lavishly decorated suite inspired by Borneo’s rich cultural heritage. Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu, is a perfect tropical getaway, a luxurious tranquil retreat just a short drive from the city.Yet, excitement beckons as you set out to discover all Kota Kinabalu’s delights. Making your way to Kinabalu National Park, you are thrust into a jungle paradise of natural wonders, rugged landscapes and scenic beauty. From the Rafflesia, the largest flower in the world, to the famous Orangutans in their natural habitat, it only gets more breathtaking every step of the way.The afternoon is spent exploring the picturesque town of Kota Belud. As Sabah’s largest and most popular open market, you find gems of all sorts, ranging from handmade handicrafts to mouth-watering local delights like natural honey.Back at the resort, you look forward to a sunset cruise, which departs from STAR Marina, to catch Borneo's famous sunset. Not long after, you wind down at Coco-Joe’s Bar & Grill. Lounging atop one of the beach-dining platforms, over cocktails and a delectable seafood tower, you continue to enjoy the sound of overlapping waves on the shores of Sunset Beach. A pampering session at CHI, The Spa rounds off the day. With treatments based on traditional Asian healing philosophies, you lose yourself in an enchanted and indulgent journey, all on the resort’s private spa island.For every experience here, you are surrounded by natural beauty. And it all begins at Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Resort
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Hotel
- Shangri La Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa Kota Kinabalu, Sabah