“Great Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sri Iskandar

Hotel Sri Iskandar
You added Hotel Sri Iskandar to your Saves list
Hotel Sri Iskandar
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Lot 16, Jalan Kemajuan , Kg. Air, Kota Kinabalu 88999, Malaysia   |
Ranked #18 of 71 Kota Kinabalu B&B and Inns
Seoul, South Korea
“Great Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

The location is ideal. There's a seven eleven and restaurants next door. The night market is right in front. The fish market is with in walking distance. The room isn't the best but you can't complain considering the price. It has an elevator which is a big plus. If you are looking for a place with basic necessities in a good location this is perfect but don't expect much. I would not recommend this if you are traveling with children.

Room Tip: The restaurant in the corner has great food.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Nova Gorica, Slovenia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

In center of this party city , capital of Sabah is located hotel with tiny reception and spacious rooms. Room in which i was on second floor was at the end of corridor. View on market.But it wasn't reason that I didn't sleep as baby. Sound isolation is really good. Room was well equipped, clean, with big bathroom.There was TV and coffee maker, but WIFI was really bad. I had to open the door to have suitable connectionsthe door to have suitable connections.If u are in this pretty city, chose this hotel, because of price and location, you wouldn't be disappointed

Room Tip: If it's possible take room closer to exit - elevator ( better WIFI )
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Decent price hotel conveniently located within shopping centres and eating outlets. As the hotel is not new, so don't expect a 4-star facility. Happy that there is wifi although it can be slow. Twin sharing costs RM72 which is reasonable. There is lift which makes it easier for us with heavy luggage.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd flr and I think it's ok although we can hear noises from outside.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Melaka, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Room is spacious although bathroom old bt hv hot shower, Wi-Fi is slow though. N location is strategic, aircond is working properly. They provide clean towel n soap n bed is clean too.great choice for cheap price. Will stay here again if hv chance

• Stayed July 2013
Miri, Sarawak
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Night market just in front of the hotel. WIFI is very good and reliable. The hotel should look into safety by changing cracked and dirty toilet bowl. Price start from RM45. They also have budget hotel few doors to this hotel name Iskandar Hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Labuan Island, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I've been staying this hotel on and off. Previously I never have any difficulty. However just today, I am disappointed with the hotel service. I booked online through asiarooms.com for staying one night at twin room (27 March 2013). As usual, I gave my debit card number to secure my booking. The problem is that we come a little bit late from scedule which we suppose to come at 11pm but we came at 12am instead cause our ferry was delayed. We came there only to find out that our room was sold to other guest. The front office personnel, Andy is rude and scold me for not coming on time and angry at me, saying that it's my fault. The thing that makes me disappointed the most is that they suppose to have courtesy to call me back which to confirm whether I was gonna come or not. Besides, I already gave my debit card details, why they are afraid they are not gonna sell the room whenever they can deduct from my debit card in case of no show? I pissed off and went to Full Hua instead, better than this cocroaches nest hotel. I AM NOT GOING TO COME TO THIS HOTEL EVER AGAIN!!!! CHEAP HOTEL WITH CHEAP COURTESY...DON'T COME TO THIS HOTEL FOR GOD SAKE!!!

Room Tip: " Beware of coackroaches and mosquito...And frequent blackout"
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

When you see a hotel room that is costing only rm80, The hotel must be in a dark and dirty location with just a broken bed. But Hotel Sri Iskandar is not a bad choice for me and my family. Although the room is a bit old and the bathing facilities were not too enjoyable, but the room is still a perfect choice for me at this cheap price. They still have a 7-eleven nearby. Don't expect to much and you'll get more than what you've paid for.

Room Tip: Choose rooms which can see the view of the night market. It's so enjoyable with a cup of latte.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Sri Iskandar? Share your experiences!