“super "tui na" that all must try!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 83 Activities in Kota Kinabalu
More attraction details
Owner description: South Sea Sanctuary is a premier lifestyle boutique day spa located in the heart of Kota Kinabalu, Sabah Borneo, Malaysia. Besides offering relaxation therapies and beauty treatments, we are well-known for our holistic health and wellness programs that aim to effectively heal the body, mind and soul.
Penang, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
“super "tui na" that all must try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

i tried south sea sanctuary aromatherapy massage last year when i visited KK...i like this place and decided to go back this trip especially my friend told me that they have just got a very good "tui na" lady from china.

my 2 hours experience with her : 1 hour of body tui na & 1 hour of leg reflexiology was phenomenal! i have tried all kinds of massages all over different places with different styles for the last 15 years but just have not come across such experience with her, i addressed her as "xiu jie"...she was able to tell all my physics problems from vertebral
( even specifically mentioned that it was lower part of it , that is why i do not have headache but stiff neck and shoulders"), spine...lower back that affects my RIGHT leg....and amazingly she could tell that i had a severe fall that causing all this for more than 10 years! all bingo! she is skilful, experienced and she tried to "fix" my problems....it was painful in certain part but i just bear with it ! i felt loosen up after the 2 hours, relaxed and wanted to sleep right away.

i woke up the next day morning discovering my neck and waist area so "lubricated", body felt so nice and i decided to go again ....

i had 3 days of same massage with her in my last 5 days stay in kk....never so enthusiastic with anybody massaged me before.. i feel like taking her home with me .i will definitely be back to kk for my business as well as for "xiu jie"!

i strongly recommend everyone to try her but mind you : bear with her strength and the pain..she is not marking around! but you will love her and the result!

happy trying!

Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth, Australia
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Such a cute place and so relaxing the minute you walk in. You are greeted with chinese tea as you make your choice of what you would like for your session. my friends and I chose the back massage, plus foot massage and foot scrub for 2 hrs. It was wonderful, especially the foot massage. One thing that i didn't quite like was the fact that i could hear the man next door moaning and sighing from the massage he was getting which sort of cut into my relaxation time - but all in all a great experience and a lovely getaway from the walking and exploring you will do whilst in KK.

Singapore, Singapore
6 attraction reviews
“Not the cheapest but good ambience and trained masseur”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Paid about us$60 ( this is after a 10% discount) for 90 mins massage. The place was clean and ambience was good. The masseur was obviously trained so the massage was good. 10 -12 min walk from Hyatt hotel. Price is not the cheap for Kk as you can find plenty of massage places for about us$30 to 40 for 90 mins which I will try and review:) but I am pretty sure ambience would be not as good. So...... If you want ambience And a good massage this is the place. Pay by PayPal on their website before your visit to get the 10% discount. We called ahead to book time and then paid by PayPal. 4 stars only becos of price not becos service.

New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
“A Good Place for Relaxing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Me and my friend went to South Sea Sanctuary yesterday, we made reservation online at 8:30pm, but unfortunately we were late because of the unclear directions online! The taxi driver dropped us at the wrong place, but we were lucky to meet someone called South Sea Sanctuary also drove us to there for FREE!!! When we got there, already almost 9pm. They did some quick greeting then we filled up some questionnaires, spa started! We booked the signature package, with foot massage and body massage for 170RM. This place actually closes at 10:30pm, but because we were late, so yesterday they closed at 11pm. Everything is good here, the ambiance, greeting, the skill of therapist, how professional they are, the only thing I was unsatisfied is the information about directions. Overall, it's a place while worth to try, and you can immediately tell the difference when you arrive at the lobby. Enjoy your treatment! ;)

Lancashire, UK
5 attraction reviews
“Couples massage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This massage really helped our legs recover after our 2 days walking up and down Mount Kinabalu, we left the spa feeling relaxed (I nearly nodded off a couple of times) and with the spring well and truly back in our step.

I wouldn't exactly class it as a couples massage though, as although we were in parallel rooms the fact there was a curtain between us wasn't conducive to conversation! Also when they did the foot massage it would have been good to know why certain parts of our feet were quite so tender, like they do with reflexology, but I suppose that isn't what they offer here.

The spa was empty when we arrived (we were the first appointment). We were greeted with a smile, a cup of tea and of course the ever present forms :)

The spa was clean and fresh, and the staff were polite and unobtrusive, checking occasionally that everything was ok. All in all a very lovely and relaxing morning.

Visited May 2013