“Basic but basic is better than crap.” 4 of 5 stars

You added Asia Adventure Lodge to your Saves list
Asia Adventure Lodge
112 Gaya Street, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia   |
Toronto, Canada
“Basic but basic is better than crap.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

This place is pretty sweet. The rooms don't have windows but who needs a window? A window is just a hole in your wall that wakes you up with sunlight in the morning. Forget windows. Come to the darkside. I slept in longer at this place than I have in any other place I've stayed in my 5 months of traveling. The people who run it are pretty nice. The older lady laughed every time I saw her. I think she thought I was funny looking but I don't care -- as long as she's happy. The location is great. The taxi drivers might not know it but tell them to take you to X-plorer Backpackers (it's right next door). Around the corner you'll find a restaurant on a corner that makes amazing Islamic food. The fresh roti is worth converting to a muslim for, and going Jihad all over the place. I've totally digressed. Asia Adventure Lodge, or AAL as I like to call it, is a great option in Kota Kinabalu, or KK as I like to call it. Internet, breakfast (toast, jam, and coffee) and a shared bathroom with hot water. What an adventure... Asian style!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)

Been to Asia Adventure Lodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Asia Adventure Lodge

Address: 112 Gaya Street, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Ranked #23 of 74 Specialty Lodging in Kota Kinabalu
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Asia Adventure Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Asia Adventure Lodge Kota Kinabalu, Sabah

If you own or manage Asia Adventure Lodge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.