“Very nicely planned” 5 of 5 stars

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 attraction reviews
“Very nicely planned”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Probasis river cruise, river rafting, hot water spring, kk park

All were well organized. The drivers picked me up from Borneo Backpackers all the three days. The journey was comfortable and managed very well. Instructors were English speaking and lunch was properly arranged.

They have awesome experince, they were able to maintain perfect discipline in timings. We were not late for any moment. The guide was humble and ready to help for anything. I recommend all the travelers to trust river junkie. I never met any of the admin officers all was arranged through email.

• Korean first
Zurich, Switzerland
“Don't ever book there!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

They totally screwed me over! I was booking Mount Kinabalu 3 months in advanced and had to send the money. A few days before i wrote to them and asking how I get to the meeting point. They gave me wrong information! There were no busses at the time as they had told me!They guy of my hotel tried to help me and we was trying to call them but nobody picked up the phone! So I went to the bus station an hour before to make sure I will get there in time. When i arrived at the bus station they told me it's not possible because everything is booked out and I have to book a seat in advance! I got really upset and tried to call them again but still no answer! Even it was a 24 hour hotline of River junkie! So, it was not possible to travel to the meeting point for me! I was writing an email to them and they just told me it is my own fault not to get there and not yours and refused to give me my money back! Even i could prove that she was telling me the wrong time and nothing about i have to make a reservation for the busses!

Visited May 2013
Oslo, Norway
5 attraction reviews
“Fun trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had a really fun trip to see the proboscis monkeys and fire flies with River Junkie. The pick-up was delayed, but we got an e-mail of apologies, so it was not really a problem. The guides were very knowledgeable, both on the bus ride and the boat trip. The bus ride was a little long for only one afternoon/night, but well worth it. Bring a book or something for the bus ride!
We were really lucky and saw many monkeys, it was very fun. The area where we ate had a really cute little store, and the food was amazing, considering it was in the middle of the jungle. Very impressed. And there was a lot less mosquitoes than feared. Bring your mosquito repellent anyway, and a good camera!!

Visited December 2012
Genoa, Italy
219 attraction reviews
“River Junkie - Skip this company!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

Prior to departing for Sabah, I exchanged several very informative and friendly emails with River Junkie regarding two trips: White Water Rafting and a Proboscis and Firefly River Cruise. We finally decided on the Proboscis/Firefly cruise (180MY) which is pretty standard and offered by several companies over the Internet. I choose River Junkie because the company had a good review in one guide book.
Our hotel pickup was for 1-1:15pm, we skipped lunch to be on time. At 1:20 I called the River Junkie office and was told that they would be there shortly. We didn't get picked up until 1:40pm and we could have had lunch, knowing this. I know there is traffic etc., but a more accurate time window would have been appreciated. Then we realized that we were picked up by a completely different company! Only in Borneo. We had no idea that we were being passed off to another company! It's about a 2 hour drive to the river and it was pouring rain on the trip down. The driver, Mr Fender was driving while using his cell phone and programing a remote control while carrying on a very distracting conversation with Ester, a trainee. My family was uncomfortable and another couple who were sitting behind Ester and Mr Fender also felt his driving and her distraction was unsafe, especially in the rain. I spoke with the lead guide and the situation was better on our return trip. The overall river ride was good, although the "guide" has no real credentials, they just know where the wild life hang out! We saw lots of animals and enjoyed ourselves. There was lots of average tasting food offered for dinner and at dusk we enjoyed seeing the one tree with fireflies, although we thought it would be a much larger area with fireflies, thus it was rather under whelming! River Junkie's web site offers "a big discount for booking on line and a free T-shirt." We received neither and when I emailed the company, I was told the "big discount" is for booking more than one trip and that they were out of T-shirts. I also emailed them regarding the unsafe driver and being passed off to another company and received an email back stating that they would look into the matter. Overall, I would not recommend River Junkie or Only in Borneo based on our experience and lack of feedback from River Junkie.