“Small & Smelly Room” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Hotel @ 1Borneo

You added Courtyard Hotel @ 1Borneo to your Saves list
Courtyard Hotel @ 1Borneo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   G-800 1 Borneo Hypermall, Jalan UMS, Kota Kinabalu 88450, Malaysia   |
Ranked #79 of 97 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
“Small & Smelly Room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We were being transfer from Grand Borneo to this hotel. We stayed for 2night and been changed to 3 rooms. The 1st room was small, smelly and flies inside. The 2nd room was small & smelly, at least no flies. After complained, they transfer us to a bigger room which is bigger, nicer and no bad odor.

The restaurant staffs have to be very very well trained as they don't even bother to entertained us when we wanted to have breakfast. We asked the staff did he saw us, he said yes but he choose to ignored us.

I had paid for late check-out during check-in. But we were being called and asked why we have not check-out yet @12pm. I informed I had paid and they said will checked but never come back. We went out for lunch and back to the room @3pm+ but the house keeping use their trolley to block our room, I push it away and the key we hold can't accessed to our room, we went to reception and queried then they only realised I had paid!

This was a very bad experience for us since we had traveled to so many places but this is the worst! We will never ever considered this hotel again.

Room Tip: Do not go for any rooms below deluxe executive if you want a good sleep!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We used this hotel as a base for a visit to Mt Kinabalu. It was fine, but the location is far from the city. It's attached to a giant shopping mall which was fine.

Food in the restaurant good, breakfast good. Staff friendly. Rooms small and oddly dark.

• Stayed March 2013
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I spent my holiday here for 4 days and 3 nights. The amenities are a bit spartan compared to other 3 star hotels. The room is pretty small. My only concern is the comfort room which is quiet dirty. Other than this, this hotel is pretty fine for budget travellers. There's free shuttle service from the hotel to downtown.

Room Tip: You can walk right into the shopping mall thru a connecting corridor and try Malaysian food with any...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Bandar Seri Begawan, null, Brunei
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Whenever I went to Kota Kinabalu to visit my buddies, I always want to stay in Courtyard. The money that I spent for a room is so worth it. I only have to spend RM90 for a courtyard room (with a bed with king-size bed, with an iron, iron board, safety box, hair dryer etc) + buffet bfast for 2.

Secondly, the location of the hotel itself make me decided to stay here (as it is located inside 1 Borneo Hypermall). So, it make me easy to get any foods (variety of fast foods here:kfc, Mc'd, dunkin donut, starbuck, tutti frutti, secret recipe and many moooooooore). And if I feel bored, I can go watching movie, go for bowling, karaoke-ing, spa-ing...

Room Tip: If you need fresh air, I don't think Courtyard room is suitable for you. You might need to stay...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Labuan Island, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Deluxe Executive Room for 2 nights. Overall I'm quite satisfied with our staying here. The room quite big because we request for an extra bed. I stayed here with my hubby,a year old daughter and teenage sis in law. The room very clean and have big window which my daughter really love it.

Easy access to 1 Borneo mall. So there should be no problem for you to shop or to eat. A great value hotel. We only paid for RM140 per night which we booked online and it's including breakfast. The breakfast is okay. They change menu everyday. As for me,it's worth it for the price that we paid.

• Stayed January 2013
la trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

THE management was kind enough to accept our payment upon check in instead of prepayment considering that we were 15 in the group. We slept comfortably and the service was great. their buffet breakfast is served on the 6th floor with a fantastic view. they have shuttles that bring you to the city although the mall is already quite big at 1Borneo Hypermall! Free wifi zones on the 6th floor and the lobby although if you bring your laptop you could use the internet cable in your rooms.you have to specify i guess that you prefer a room with a view so they can give you that .

Room Tip: always specify what room you want (room with a view and not facing the wall cement?)and also ask for...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard Hotel @ 1Borneo? Share your experiences!