It is a good place for you to recharge after a few hours hike. The dorm that I stayed contains two double decker beds which can accommodate four people.The temperature is around 10 degree celsius, wear warm clothes as no heater is provided in the room. Hot water is not available but kettle is provided, can boil water for shower. Meals provided were nice and many choices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conquering Mount Kinabalu is every climbing enthusiast desire. The two day journey displays the incredible mountain backdrop of gully, cliff, plateau, gorge, peak, projectile and points! Located at 3,272 metres above sea level, Laban Rata offers lodgings and hot meals to climbers to recharge after the climb from the starting point and before the ultimate climb to the majestic peak of Mount Kinabalu. CLIMATE Sabah has a tropical climate and the average daily temperature is 32ºC. Relative humidity is between 85 and 95 percent. At Park Headquarters, it can be warm during the day but nights tend to be cool at between 11º and 15ºC. The north east monsoon brings rain to Sabah between November and January. May to July sees rain from south west monsoon, mornings however are usually fine. The months between February to April are comparatively dry on Mount Kinabalu, although seasonal variations do occur, Sabah is outside the typhoon belt but tail end effects sometimes brings heavy rain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Laban Rata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laban Rata Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Laban Rata Kota Kinabalu, Sabah