I'd have stayed longer if it wasn't for incompetent, uninformed staff who're too lazy to check with their superiors and say the STUPIDEST things.
I don't appreciate being lied to. So my concept here is, if I'm not comfortable, I won't kick up a fuss - ill just leave. Room itself might've been comfortable. But I absolutely HATE being lied to.
I booked via booking.com for a double room - any idiot who's travelled before knows there's a difference between a double and a twin room. The option was given. I obviously chose double room for a REASON. If you don't know the simple difference between twin and double room, please don't work at reception. You too dumb.
I arrived at the hotel late at night, was given a room, but when I walked in, it was a twin instead of the double I'd booked via booking.com. I immediately called the reception, but was told by the idiot at the reception that ALL their rooms are TWIN rooms, meaning 2 singles. That their hotel DOES NOT HAVE DOUBLE ROOMS aka 1 double bed. That and all their rooms were sold out. Fully booked supposedly.
After spending few minutes talking to the dumb girl at the reception, I gave up. Was too late at night for me to waste my time talking to some dumb broad. Mind you, the whole reason I wasn't given another room was probably because I spoke too nicely.
I checked on booking.com. They STILL HAD double rooms available. For that very night. SERIOUSLY!! She blatantly LIED!!
I had planned on 2 nights at Novotel, and 1 at meridien, considering Novotel was supposedly fully booked for my 3rd night. Went straight to Le Meridien for my 2nd and 3rd night. No regrets moving to Le meridien.
Accommodation wise, Novotel was actually pretty comfortable. Beds were soft and comfortable. All amenities provided, even bathrobes and what not. Definitely worth the price you pay for.
Although I like how the room and bathroom are separated by a glass window, that u can look directly into the bathroom, I didn't like the fact that the shower and bath were combined. It felt slightly cramped. Then again, I liked the humongous shower head - shoots a very nice hot stream of water, almost like heavy rain. Awesome to shower in.
Hair dryer was the sort that's plugged into the wall, that u hafta keep your finger on otherwise it won't work. Functional but meh.
Also, no wifi in the room. Then again, when you have your own 3G, all's good.
All in all, I would've stayed longer if not for the screw up and the blatant lie told by the staff. It's one thing to say the hotel's fully booked but then to see that the booking site says its still available. It's another thing to tell a traveller that the WHOLE HOTEL ONLY has TWIN ROOMS and that ALL their advertised double rooms are actually 2 singles joined together. Like SERIOUSLY?
If that's true, I don't really know what to say about whoever designed the hotel.
Novotel whoever, if you're reading this - please train your staff. They seem too dumb for your hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Kota Kinabalu 1borneo Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Novotel Kota Kinabalu 1borneo Hotel
- Novotel Kota Kinabalu
- Accor Kota Kinabalu
- Kota Kinabalu Novotel
- Novotel Kota Kinabalu 1Borneo Sabah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Kota Kinabalu 1Borneo, a 4 star International Chain hotel where travelers feel at home is an integral part of 1Borneo Hypermall, the largest mall in Borneo with 1.5 million square feet of shopping, leisure and dining choices.It is strategically located along the Sulaman Highway and is within 10 minutes from Kota Kinabalu City Centre. The hotel is also adjacent to University Malaysia Sabah and with proximity to the State & Federal Administration Government offices and Kota Kinabalu Industrial Park (KKIP).It is within 25 minutes from the Kota Kinabalu International Airport. All of our 263 rooms and suites are uniquely designed with comfort in mind. Spacious rooms with contemporary decor to guarantee you have the best comfort in your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, ACCOR, Tingo, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Novotel Kota Kinabalu 1Borneo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.