“Beautiful island” 3 of 5 stars

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
8 attraction reviews
“Beautiful island”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

When we went here, it was pretty crowded with tourists. It is a beautiful island but the water has started to become murky due to too many human activities.

Visited August 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
“TRAIE TRAVEL & TOURS SDN BHD Bad Boat Operators”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

On 14 July 2013, with 2 adults and 3 kids, we went to Jesselton Point to visit Manukan Island, we went to TRAIE TRAVEL & TOURS SDN BHD counter and paid for all the boat charges. I ask ticket counter, how do we get there, he told us go to the jetty and they will call you. He ask me to write my name and time we want to return back in the forms and I expected they will call my name. So I went to the jetty and show to one of the many boat operators and they tore my ticket and ask me to take a seat and they will call when to embark. Time is 0915hrs. 0930hr I ask the guy who took our ticket is the boat arriving already, because I m worried they forgotten about us, as I saw many passengers getting into a different boat. The guy told us to sit and they will called. 1030hrs I meet the guy again, these time he asked me, can i see your ticket, then he told us we missed 2 boats already and he did call just now, I ask I didnt hear you call my name, he says I call up the company name. This is where I get wrong, the guy in the counter never tell me about the company name, I thought he is going to call my name. At last we go onboard a boat .On boat there are 2 young korean girls and 1 chinese couples with a 2 yrs old baby. The boat told us they going to pulau sapi to send the 2 korean girls and the couple. The boat staff was so cheeky, he drive the board crazily, speeding and cornering and makes these girls screaming, the sea is very choppy, We reach pulau sapi and leave the couples and korean girl, so me and my famlies head to Manukan and we told the boat operator our time to go home is 2pm.

1330hrs we get out from the beach, shower down and head to the jetty at 1345hrs. At the jetty, i ask those boat companies, I told them where is the boat for TRAIE TRAVEL & TOURS SDN BHD, one of the guy says I dont know, another guy says you wait and they will shout 'TRAIE' when you hear this you just go to the boat. When any boat approaching the jetty i went and ask are you TRAIE they say no, these things keep going until 3pm, weather is very bad, and storm is almost coming. I went to see another guy he was very helpfull he say you look for the bule shirt and the boat is ARAPURA. You just go in to the boat.

At last boat apporaching and the boat operator shouting ARAPURA and we went in. it is already raining. Went we went to take our seat, the boat staff ask us to get out and ask me to catch the next boat, I have a heated argument with him, at last he allows me go into the boat.

This is a very disappointing trip for me, Will the management look into the problems I am facing so that other visitors will have a pleasant visit,

Bandung,Indonesia
300 attraction reviews
“Stunning Manukan island”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Manukan island was the most popular island to visit among the islands in TARP.Luscious green vegetation,white sandy beach,greenish blue clear seawater,can do a lot of beach and sea activities here.Got chairs and tables along the beach,small restaurant,and a souvenir shop.Pier is nicely built,sturdy and strong.

Visited June 2013
Geelong
7 attraction reviews
“A fun way to spend the day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Loved the snorkelling. The change rooms were a little tired. So relaxing. Close to Kota Kinabalu via Sutera Harbour. Lots of fish and easy for the children to get to the coral.

Nerja, Spain
8 attraction reviews
“speed boat ride was highlight”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The boat ride from the jetty to the island was the best thing about this trip. Firstly like so much else in Borneo it is about ripping off the tourist. After you pay the 23MYR price an additional 7 is added on for 'harbour tax' and then you have to pay an additional 10 to get off the boat onto the island - this is 'conservation tax' - which I would not mind but there did not seem to be any evidence of people taking care of the shoreline - which was littered with plastic bottles and old plastic bags floating in the water. On the island there are the usual tour companies offering snorkelling etc some not too clean toilets and showers and cafe.