There aren't many contemporary hotels that not only are situated in the middle of a beautifully landscaped park , but also have rooms with balconies from where you can appreciate the flora and fauna of the parkland.
Putrajaya is an artificial construct very much like Canberra and Brazila. A centre of government situated at a distance from the hustle and bustle of Malaysia's commercial centre Kuala Lumpur.
But why would you stay here? It's not near a Metro station, neither is it on a bus route - you need your own transport to enjoy this hotel or taxi or the hotel's shuttle bus which has a regular device to shops and the railway station. If you want to get away from it all for a weekend it's great. The fabulous botanical gardens are just a short walk away down by the lake,
The hotel sports an excellent infinity pool where you can wallow in the cooling water as you gaze over the North African inspired cupolas which predominate the modern architecture of Putrajaya.
The rooms are roomy and the beds are comfy so you can sleep very well here. Breakfast is a well-presented buffet that caters to western as well as eastern palates.
The staff are helpful and professional and everything runs very smoothly. Nice place to stay for a few days.
- Also Known As:
- Putrajaya Shangri-La Hotel
- Putrajaya Shangri-La Hotel Putrajaya
- Putrajaya Shangri La
- Shangri La Putrajaya
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Putrajaya Shangri-La, the exclusive address for business or leisure, is an intimate, stylish city resort committed to personalized service. It is strategically located on a green hilltop enclave overlooking the heart of Putrajaya, Malaysia's 21st century garden city which houses the new Federal Government, close to the Prime Minister's Centre and the majestic Royal Palace. By road, the Hotel is just 25 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and 30 minutes away from the city of Kuala Lumpur, all within Malaysia's Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Putrajaya Shangri-La reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.