“Avoid this hotel if you are paying for it !” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Putrajaya

You added Marriott Putrajaya to your Saves list
Marriott Putrajaya
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ioi Resort City | Sepang Utara, Putrajaya 62502, Malaysia   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Putrajaya
London, United Kingdom
“Avoid this hotel if you are paying for it !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Like some of the reviewers below, my partner and I alongside 50 other Malaysia airline passengers were put up in this hotel after a missed connecting flight . Marriott should seriously consider removing its name from this hotel as it definitely tarnishes the name . The hotel compound in itself is huge , however that is the only positive thing ! As we had only stayed one night briefly , I can only comment fairly on the room itself . The biggest flaw is the room layout - you had to walk through the darkness to the middle of the room to find the light switch , thank goodness we had lights on our phone to find our way around although took us a good 10 mins and after calling reception in despair to locate the switch! Who came up with this silly design ?? Would it not be logical to have the lights by the door like all other hotels ?? Toilet seemed to struggle to flush( had to flush twice) , The tv reception was grainy, carpet and sheets had seen better days . We only stayed for 6 hours but we were glad to leave for the airport ! Marriott, do something about this hotel as its tarnishing your brand , many passengers on the way back to the airport echoed the same negative comments

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs if you are paying for it
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
MarriottPutrajaya, Assistant Director of Marketing at Marriott Putrajaya, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Ms Renee,

Warmest greetings from the Putrajaya Marriott Hotel!

We are very sorry to hear of your grievances and unpleasant experience during your recent stay with us. The hotel is undergoing major refurbishment plans for our rooms which include the modernization of our guest room experience that would include the overall look and feel of the rooms, lightings and its interior.

Nonetheless, your constructive comments is very much appreciated as we strive to improve if not, perfect our services always.

Thank you once again and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future to experience our new rooms soon.

Kind regards,
Marketing & Communications Division

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

This seems to be the Malaysian Airlines dumping hotel for bumped passengers despite it's distance from the airport. My family and I were sent here after Malaysian Airlines bumped us of a flight to Sydney. On arrival, I had to unload our luggage from the taxi while the door staff looked on nonchalantly. They only took an interest when I entered the hotel by which time it was to late. The hotel is reasonably well appointed but seems empty and is located in the middle of no where. The staff are friendly and polite but with so many bumped passengers they expect full payment on the spot for all services as the airline only pays for bed and breakfast. Our room on the 7th floor was musky and damp suggesting that it had not been occupied for quite some time. Equally, The ball room is laid out for thousands of guests but only a small corner near the buffet serves food.

Room Tip: Either the staff are under strict work to rule instructions or they are incredibly lazy. If you want...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We have come from Canada to visit this hotel several times over the past 10 years. This time we find the property really in need of renovations and update. Wallcoverings are peeling, carpeting stained, doors scratched and marked. Our bathroom's shower and basin leaked for the entire week. Overhead a/c unit leaked one night and we had water dripping down on our heads in the guestroom. Requests for repairs were quickly attended to, although they were unable to fix the problems. We appreciated their attempts anyway.
The food quality has greatly deteriorated. The Summer Palace Chinese restaurant was once our favourite: this time the meals we took, including the 6-course New Year dinner, were really unacceptable. The Midori Japanese restaurant was OK, and the Zest buffet restaurant was nothing to write home about. They did not even have coffee on New Year's Eve, and we had to resort to ordering coffee from room service to be brought down to Zest.
What saved the day was the wonderful cuisine served in Tuscany: world class by any standard, and the wonderful DTC Strollers trio: we can listen to them all day, all night. Such fine singers and musicians: the best!
The staff (except for one) was generally most helpful and pleasant. WIFI connection in the room was good, and sleep quality excellent. We will not visit again until their renovations are completed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr Samuel,

Warmest greetings from the Putrajaya Marriott Hotel!

We thank you very much indeed for your kind comments and value the feedback given. It is when guests like you provide constructive valuable comments on then can we improve if not perfect our level of services.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Glad to be of service.

Kind regards,
Marketing & Communications Department
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stayed here for a night last month. The location is somewhat inconvenient and not really near to Putrajaya to begin with, unless you have a car. Parking is at the basement, but without proper ramps and making transporting your big luggage a bit troublesome from the carpark.

The room was considerably big but the room feels very dated / outdated. It doesn't feel modern. The Wifi was ok. The bed was comfortable. The air-cond in my room was extremely cold, but not really a problem there.

No comments about the breakfast. The spa/sauna facilities were under maintenance when I was there, but the hot jacuzzi was ok.

Car park is complimentary, to get your ticket validated at the side of the reception.

Nothing much to write about this hotel as compared to my other reviews - it didn't impress me much.

Room Tip: Perhaps away from the lifts would be a good choice. Higher floors will offer better views as well.
Beijing, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed here on business and found the location very inconvenient.

There is almost nothing around the hotel and getting to anywhere takes a far bit of time.

As far as the room is concerned, it is spacious with standard Marriott decor.

The breakfast is pretty good, wide variety of precooked and cooked to order choices.

Even if you are working in Putrajaya or Cyberjaya, I would still recommend staying somewhere closer to city center than here.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

My very first time at the hotel and it was for work. First impression: Pretty old but quite grand. Service was inconsistent from one staff member to another - Most of them would either walk straight on without a smile or busy chatting with each other. But those who were friendly and attentive, were really friendly and attentive. Unfortunately I didn't get their names but the friendly ones included a chef at the Indian food section during my dinner buffet and a man at the reception counter when I was checking-out my room.

The room that I got was a non-smoking one but when I entered, a cigarette smell was overwhelming. I didn't ask to change rooms because I was too tired from my meeting. The day of my check-out, the cigarette smell had become faint in the room but the smell still lingered in the bathroom. I'm not sure what was going on - either the smoke was coming in through the ventilator or the previous guest smoked in the bathroom.

Bed was excellent! It's one of the best beds I've gotten on both my leisure and business trips.

Now, I noticed a few things in my room that showed the hotel cares for environment. However, my experience with housekeeping may suggest otherwise. The card in the bathroom suggested that I hang my towels if I would like to contribute to their effort in being more environment friendly, and that if I wished for them to change my towels with fresh ones, I can place them somewhere else.

I chose to hang my towels, but when I came back to my room later, I found that my towels have been replaced with fresh ones. I must say that while this may seem insignificant, I was (and still am) rather disappointed that they went ahead and changed my towels anyway. It made me wonder if the hotel really cares for the environment. When I raised this matter with the reception on my check-out, their only response was, "The housekeeper was probably a Bangladeshi" - implying that language barrier may be the rootcause. May I suggest the management to clearly brief and train their staff to be more sensitive and adhere to the hotel's "environment policy", so to speak.

Work-wise, I would recommend this hotel as their WiFi connection is excellent everywhere. My only comment would be to update the chairs in the meeting rooms to be more comfortable especially for meetings that could last till late at night.

Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Spent 2 nights in this hotel due to work, without reservation. Smooth check-in, very pleasing services from staff but quality of service is extremely inconsistence between every staff. Moments during my check-in, I was convinced that it's the right hotel for me due to how courteous, attentive & efficient the reception staff is.

I had my second thought as soon as I walked into my room. First impression, extremely dated room with full height window overlooking main lobby dome. The wallpaper are peeling off from the wall, there's water stain mark near A/C vent, obviously there's some condensation problem. Worse, I found out that the bathroom door is jammed and can't be shut. Made my request to have my room changed. Within minutes, came the most unapologetic staff making remark that those flaws wouldn't affect my comfort in the room and demonstrated how I can forcefully slam shut the bathroom door if I really wanted it be closed then proceed to asking if I still want to change my room as he has "solved" my problem. After being under the hot sun entire morning, I was too tired to argue and dismissed him, without room changed. Luckily, on the following day, once the reception staff learnt about my room conditions, without any further question, I was rearranged to a better room and got check out hour extended till 3pm, although that room has a broken sliding door that can't be open but it's still a lot better.

Breakfast selection was good although taste & quality wise could better. Again very pleasing staffs from waiting to cooks, making sure I'm happy & comfortable except an incident where I noticed their cubed rice is not fresh but dried and request for some fresh one. They chef did acknowledge that the cubed rice is not fresh but instead of preparing a fresh new one, the cubed rice was just sent into boiling water to soften it again before being served to me.

Personally, I found it's strange that business center is only opened upon request with no one stationed nearby. Luckily, a ring from its nearby phone to concierge, someone came within minutes to give me access into their business center. Once again, very good service from staff but their computer is a little too slow and ancient, it takes good few minutes "starting up" before I can launch a browser to access my cloud documents. On the other hand, laser color printing is extremely reasonably priced for a hotel.

Maybe it was some isolated incidents but these experience really put a stain onto otherwise perfect relaxation between my work at Putrajaya. Maybe they need to get rid some bad apple within before serious damage is done.

Room Tip: Corner room furthest from elevation has balcony Only room higher than 7 floor has good view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Putrajaya? Share your experiences!