“Putrajaya Lakeside Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

You added Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside to your Saves list
Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No 2, Jalan P5/5, Presint 5, Putrajaya 62200, Malaysia   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Putrajaya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Isle of Wight
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

We discovered the Pullman after every traveller's nightmare. After a delayed longhaul from the UK we missed our connecting flight and found ourselves outside KL Airport after midnight, with all the airport hotels full and a low battery warning on our mobile. Luckily the Currency Exchange Desk was 24hr. If, like us, you haven't flown in to KL before, you need a voucher to get a taxi. It's a good system that prevents overcharging, but the Taxi voucher kiosk is located inside Arrivals so I had to renegotiate Security to buy our fare. Actually the Guard was very nice and understanding, despite the fact that I was waving my wife's passport instead of my own.

It's about a 30 min. ride to the Pullman. By then it was around 1.00 am but we were greeted by smiling staff, checked in and taken to our room. It was a spacious room, big bed, balcony and roomy bathroom - at a cost of under £80.00 to include Breakfast it was not their cheapest room but it was a most welcome relief. The fixtures and fittings were fine, some of the build-quality was a little iffy but OK at this price-point.

The location and the grounds around the lake are beautiful, spaciously laid out and we could happily have spent a longer stay there.

Breakfast is a self-service buffet with chefs to prepare your eggs however you like them, plus cereals, bacon, sausages, toast etc. Thus fortified it was on to their Internet suite in the lobby to finally locate a flight out of KL that evening. Reception had also tried other transport options for us and were very helpful. While chatting to the Duty Manager, he on hearing of our trials immediately offered to move our checkout time to 4.00pm at no charge to us.

To sum up, when you're stranded at an airport, tired and fast running out of options and all you really want is a smiling face to sort out your problems the Pullman staff certainly did that for us.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Beijing, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

My partner suggested that we stay here for a night as she saw this new hotel by chance on a visit to Putrajaya. Architecturally, the hotel is quite amazing as it is built in a mixture of Arabic, Persian, Indian and Chinese styles. There are lots of open areas for guests to relax in. However on closer look at the workmanship, one could find lots of flaws and the use of cheap material. (Some of the wood may not have been treated as they were termites-ridden). The hotel is quite spacious with a number of blocks and finding the room is a bit like walking through a maze. To start off with, it was a struggle to find the hotel itself even though my partner is quite familiar with Putrajaya and its precincts. The check-in desk was a bit surprising for a 5 star hotel, as it looks more like a single-man information booth. The man at the checkin was quite unfriendly and did not say much nor give a smile at all. Breakfast was not included and was expensive and of poor quality. At the end of day, I would only recommend someone to stay here short-term just for a trial but for a bit more, the Shangri-La is so much better.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Southam, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2009

I enjoyed my stay from the first day on, just arriving from the UK. It was no problem to find the hotel for my taxi driver - he knew the place very well. I was just guided around from the car to the reception - to the room - very easy - after many hours flight exactly what I needed - no stress! The room very spacious and very very clean! I am not used to this kind of cleanliness form other Asian Countries or specially UK!! Everything just perfect for a dream place like this! I was just surprised how easy it is to get a free shuttle to the places around like Cyberjaya, Alamanda Shopping Center and the nearest trainstation to KL City and the Airport. And that nearly anytime!
The staff is friendly and very Malaysian! Always starting some little conversations that makes you feel home. There is no stiffnes in the aproach like in so many 5 star hotels - these are real people. I love them all! Each is so different - each is so unique!
When staying for a long time in one hotel you get to know all the little things and that makes it more interesting. That things can go wrong - yes they do, but I must say it is always handled very well. For a hotel that is open only such a short time it has very little problems. Things break - where not but it will be fixed and corrected swiftly.
I love the building - its different. Wonderfull to sit outside in the evenings. All I need is to look around - its amazing.
I feel secure and looked after in this place. People are working hard every day to make this happen!
The Food!! Excellent! In my young years I was a Chef myself!
When staying for a long time most hotel can't cater for that, but this place is different. Every night is buffet - its not the same. Local food as also western food - so I can choose what style I like every night. The ingredience are fantstic and fresh - I can trust the food and the chefs with my sensitive stomach. I have not had service and good food like this for a long time!
Cleaning the room: In some places when the room gets cleaned you can't find your things anymore because they are placed somewhere else to the liking of the staff, that can get very confusing - not so here. Everything is taken care - no papers and notes are landing by accident in the dust bin.
There are a lot of little and large details that are taken care every day and if something is not there - no problem: Ask and you will get it!
Great place - Could not have found a better palce. I booked it over the internet - very quick response and easy handling. Other 5star are having problems to handle the 21st Century internet approach. Pullman is already there!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside? Share your experiences!