“A good location and nice view of the beaches.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Naza Hotel

Save Saved
You added Naza Hotel to your Saves list
Naza Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.555, Jalan CM Hashim | Tanjung Tokong, Georgetown, Penang Island, Malaysia   |
Ranked #33 of 48 hotels in Georgetown
Selangor
“A good location and nice view of the beaches.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My family and I have booked this hotel earlier and it comes with breakfast.The check in is a bit slow,it takes us about 20 minutes to wait there and as we get the room key,we soon head to it and our first opinion was a bit small room and small balcony,the TV was an old fashioned tube style,the bathroom was average and it's just clean.The curtain on the balcony doors were torn.But the most we enjoy here is the view and we got the best of both that is the beach and the mountains.There's no noise in the night while we were sleeping and it's a good night sleep after a tiring day of touring the city,Breakfast was good but not too many choices for us,but once again the view of the sea is nice with the pool that we can see from the indoor cafe,you can eat outdoor too.The swimming pool is small in my opinion and I think it needs upgrade.Overall a quiet comfortable hotel to stay with it's nice location and view.

204 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
hk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The hotel is right in front of the beach, there is a swimming pool as well. If you are driving (Parking is freeat hotel) it will be more convenient as the big supermart is just less than 10 min. drive. Although the hotel is kind of old but room are clean and most of the room are facing the beach. Late check out at 1 PM is possible if you advise them ahead. My package is not included breakfast, need to pay US$5 extra which is quite reasonable. Wifi in room as well as old style TV (not flat screen). But what more can you ask for if the room rate is around US$50. Its right close to downtown, and all the nite spots.

The are balcony on everyroom, and if you let the balcony door open, you are able to hear the sea sound.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the left side of the building. As the right side is close to some resident and...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My first impression was that this hotel need to be refurbish. The carpet at the hallway is worn out, the mattress for the bed is too soft and the towels provided is really worn out. The TV is small with bad reception. Luckily the flooring in the room is of timber.

However, my 2 children and their 2 nephews love the hotel for it's beach frontage and swimming pool.

lorra209
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stumbled across this hotel on the Agoda website after being let down by another establishment. Travelling with our 2 teenage daughters. We had adjoining rooms on the 10th floor. Amazing views from both rooms. The rooms were clean and comfortable and although not big, were adequate for our needs. A fixed breakfast was included in the price but for only a couple of $AUD more we opted for the buffet. A good variety was offered. The kids loved the pool but if there was one complaint it was that is a lot of sand in the pool. This is due to the fact that it is just a flight of steps away from the beach and people obviously don't rinse off enough before getting back in the pool even though the hotel has shower and signage encouraging its use. The hotel is a few minutes walk to the bus stop that takes you into the centre of town and only a ten minute walk to a fairly decent shopping centre (Tesco). At night there is a great Hawker's market where you can get a wide variety of locals food at very reasonable prices. I would quite happily stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ipoh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I felt so embarrassed because I brought my brother's family from Singapore. They were shocked at the service and maintenance of the hotel! The rooms were dirty, there was a thick layer of dust on the telephone in the room and the bed frame. The balcony was not swept. What was worse was the staff !!! The server making fried eggs was upset with us when we asked her to fry six eggs for us. She put on a sour face and reluctantly did it for us. The receptionist Sanges was the worst receptionist I have ever met!!! She blinked at me and ignored mee when I asked for the day's newspaper and just chucked it at me when I asked for it the second time. Teach her some manners!!! She is representing the hotel by being at the front office, so ask her to behave or kick her out!!! The whole room vibrated every time the compressor came on so I couldn't sleep the whole night. Naza- please improve! Don't shame the Malaysian tourism industry. Hotels like yours give Malaysia a bad name!

Melaka, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Yes. Do not choose this hotel even if it is free. Why?

Now where do i start....

First, one of the two rooms has no air condition when we entered. Had to wait like two hours before the maintanance came and fixed them.

Second, the water heaters in both room never work at all. Had to call maintanance 8 times for 3 days stay. There could only function for 30min before failed.

Third, the swimming pool was the dirtiest i've seen.

Next, the service was as bad as u can imagine. i asked 2 times before I go on their facebook page about baby cot and the answer was "yes". I reaffirm the staff when I was checking in and called again when I entered the room. In the end, the brought a baby cot without the mattress. When I argued with the reponsible personnel, she stated that baby cot does not include mattress and refuse to apologize.

The free breakfast? Do not even give it a try. It had some of the worst foods you will ever try. Some foods were extremely overcooked and the variety was dreadful.

All and all, the three days I spent there were the worst experience of my life and I will never go again. No one should.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We booked the deluxe room for two nights as the price was rather cheap. Having read the other reviews, I did not have high expectations of the place. Just needed a place to stay while I attended some training nearby at Straits Quay. Requested for a high floor and was given room #1004. Room was quite spacious and clean. Love the sea view and wooden flooring. However, the furniture were rather shabby, curtains worn out with stains and shower doors barely holding up. The aircon compressor unit was really loud (placed outside on the balcony, near the bed) and it drowned out the sounds of the waves below. The hotel was fully booked out the two nights we were there for a company family day trip and noise from the other hotel guests were quite loud. We could hear noises from the public swimming pool next to the hotel as well.

And the bedsheets had a musty smell, which we requested to have changed immediately. Waited for housekeeping and called again after having waited almost an hour. They came immediately after the second call but hesitated in changing the sheets saying it was a fresh and clean piece. Told her to smell it and she said maybe it's the washing liquid they used saying it happens sometimes. She wasn't rude about it and was very efficient in changing the sheets. However, the sheets still had a bit of musty smell after she changed them.

Breakfast was a continental spread which was sufficient as I preferred to eat out and savour the local hawker food instead. The beach is quite clean, less crowded and lack of water sports vendors as compared to the Batu Ferringhi area.

Might think twice about staying here again but will only consider it for the price and location.

Room Tip: Deluxe room is spacious, corner rooms (guest room #1 and #2 on floors with guest rooms) have full se...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Naza Hotel? Share your experiences!