“Not bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Naza Hotel

You added Naza Hotel to your Saves list
Naza Hotel
No.555, Jalan CM Hashim | Tanjung Tokong, George Town, Penang Island, Malaysia   |
Ranked #55 of 72 Hotels in George Town
Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu, Malaysia
“Not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My first impression was that this hotel need to be refurbish. The carpet at the hallway is worn out, the mattress for the bed is too soft and the towels provided is really worn out. The TV is small with bad reception. Luckily the flooring in the room is of timber.

However, my 2 children and their 2 nephews love the hotel for it's beach frontage and swimming pool.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

lorra209
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stumbled across this hotel on the Agoda website after being let down by another establishment. Travelling with our 2 teenage daughters. We had adjoining rooms on the 10th floor. Amazing views from both rooms. The rooms were clean and comfortable and although not big, were adequate for our needs. A fixed breakfast was included in the price but for only a couple of $AUD more we opted for the buffet. A good variety was offered. The kids loved the pool but if there was one complaint it was that is a lot of sand in the pool. This is due to the fact that it is just a flight of steps away from the beach and people obviously don't rinse off enough before getting back in the pool even though the hotel has shower and signage encouraging its use. The hotel is a few minutes walk to the bus stop that takes you into the centre of town and only a ten minute walk to a fairly decent shopping centre (Tesco). At night there is a great Hawker's market where you can get a wide variety of locals food at very reasonable prices. I would quite happily stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lorra209
ipoh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I felt so embarrassed because I brought my brother's family from Singapore. They were shocked at the service and maintenance of the hotel! The rooms were dirty, there was a thick layer of dust on the telephone in the room and the bed frame. The balcony was not swept. What was worse was the staff !!! The server making fried eggs was upset with us when we asked her to fry six eggs for us. She put on a sour face and reluctantly did it for us. The receptionist Sanges was the worst receptionist I have ever met!!! She blinked at me and ignored mee when I asked for the day's newspaper and just chucked it at me when I asked for it the second time. Teach her some manners!!! She is representing the hotel by being at the front office, so ask her to behave or kick her out!!! The whole room vibrated every time the compressor came on so I couldn't sleep the whole night. Naza- please improve! Don't shame the Malaysian tourism industry. Hotels like yours give Malaysia a bad name!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
3 Thank JaniceIpoh

Travelers are raving about these George Town hotels

Melaka, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Yes. Do not choose this hotel even if it is free. Why?

Now where do i start....

First, one of the two rooms has no air condition when we entered. Had to wait like two hours before the maintanance came and fixed them.

Second, the water heaters in both room never work at all. Had to call maintanance 8 times for 3 days stay. There could only function for 30min before failed.

Third, the swimming pool was the dirtiest i've seen.

Next, the service was as bad as u can imagine. i asked 2 times before I go on their facebook page about baby cot and the answer was "yes". I reaffirm the staff when I was checking in and called again when I entered the room. In the end, the brought a baby cot without the mattress. When I argued with the reponsible personnel, she stated that baby cot does not include mattress and refuse to apologize.

The free breakfast? Do not even give it a try. It had some of the worst foods you will ever try. Some foods were extremely overcooked and the variety was dreadful.

All and all, the three days I spent there were the worst experience of my life and I will never go again. No one should.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ru40342
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We booked the deluxe room for two nights as the price was rather cheap. Having read the other reviews, I did not have high expectations of the place. Just needed a place to stay while I attended some training nearby at Straits Quay. Requested for a high floor and was given room #1004. Room was quite spacious and clean. Love the sea view and wooden flooring. However, the furniture were rather shabby, curtains worn out with stains and shower doors barely holding up. The aircon compressor unit was really loud (placed outside on the balcony, near the bed) and it drowned out the sounds of the waves below. The hotel was fully booked out the two nights we were there for a company family day trip and noise from the other hotel guests were quite loud. We could hear noises from the public swimming pool next to the hotel as well.

And the bedsheets had a musty smell, which we requested to have changed immediately. Waited for housekeeping and called again after having waited almost an hour. They came immediately after the second call but hesitated in changing the sheets saying it was a fresh and clean piece. Told her to smell it and she said maybe it's the washing liquid they used saying it happens sometimes. She wasn't rude about it and was very efficient in changing the sheets. However, the sheets still had a bit of musty smell after she changed them.

Breakfast was a continental spread which was sufficient as I preferred to eat out and savour the local hawker food instead. The beach is quite clean, less crowded and lack of water sports vendors as compared to the Batu Ferringhi area.

Might think twice about staying here again but will only consider it for the price and location.

Room Tip: Deluxe room is spacious, corner rooms (guest room #1 and #2 on floors with guest rooms) have full se...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The towel, bed sheets, pillow cases was so old, with stains and holes. The towel was more like a floor mat. I had to wipe myself dry with tissue and hair dryer. I had to bring out one of my clean t shirt to cover the top as pillow case. Furthermore service was bad, we requested for extra towel, their rude response was 1 room 2 towels only. Sound proofing sucks too. And limited parking lots.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Hectorean
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

I stayed this hotel for 2 nights. Considering the price I paid, I did not have much expectations. The room is not that big with the simple shower and minimum amenities. I usually bring my own travel kits, so it was ok, but those who always use hotel amenities, better bring whole set of your own.
I used the hotel towel for the first night, but it was torn. I could tell that they have been using the same old towels. The room is clean, but the pool is questionable and I decided not to swim there. The room tv is not the flat LCD and old type which is too old fashioned. The breakfast has simple local selections. As the local cheap food place is just across the road, you can have better choice of the food.
TESCO is just 10mins walk from the hotel and you can stock up some snack and drinks.
Overall, it is not a bad hotel, but if you have better budget to enjoy the real resort, you should skip this hotel. Those who need a place to sleep with the sea view, but have limited budget, you can consider this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
Bayview Beach Resort
Bayview Beach Resort
#7 of 12 in Batu Ferringhi
4.0 of 5 stars 1,368 reviews

Been to Naza Hotel? Share your experiences!