“Avoid at all cost” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Naza Hotel

Save Saved
You added Naza Hotel to your Saves list
Naza Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.555, Jalan CM Hashim | Tanjung Tokong, Georgetown, Penang Island, Malaysia   |
Ranked #36 of 50 hotels in Georgetown
Melaka, Malaysia
“Avoid at all cost”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Yes. Do not choose this hotel even if it is free. Why?

Now where do i start....

First, one of the two rooms has no air condition when we entered. Had to wait like two hours before the maintanance came and fixed them.

Second, the water heaters in both room never work at all. Had to call maintanance 8 times for 3 days stay. There could only function for 30min before failed.

Third, the swimming pool was the dirtiest i've seen.

Next, the service was as bad as u can imagine. i asked 2 times before I go on their facebook page about baby cot and the answer was "yes". I reaffirm the staff when I was checking in and called again when I entered the room. In the end, the brought a baby cot without the mattress. When I argued with the reponsible personnel, she stated that baby cot does not include mattress and refuse to apologize.

The free breakfast? Do not even give it a try. It had some of the worst foods you will ever try. Some foods were extremely overcooked and the variety was dreadful.

All and all, the three days I spent there were the worst experience of my life and I will never go again. No one should.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

204 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We booked the deluxe room for two nights as the price was rather cheap. Having read the other reviews, I did not have high expectations of the place. Just needed a place to stay while I attended some training nearby at Straits Quay. Requested for a high floor and was given room #1004. Room was quite spacious and clean. Love the sea view and wooden flooring. However, the furniture were rather shabby, curtains worn out with stains and shower doors barely holding up. The aircon compressor unit was really loud (placed outside on the balcony, near the bed) and it drowned out the sounds of the waves below. The hotel was fully booked out the two nights we were there for a company family day trip and noise from the other hotel guests were quite loud. We could hear noises from the public swimming pool next to the hotel as well.

And the bedsheets had a musty smell, which we requested to have changed immediately. Waited for housekeeping and called again after having waited almost an hour. They came immediately after the second call but hesitated in changing the sheets saying it was a fresh and clean piece. Told her to smell it and she said maybe it's the washing liquid they used saying it happens sometimes. She wasn't rude about it and was very efficient in changing the sheets. However, the sheets still had a bit of musty smell after she changed them.

Breakfast was a continental spread which was sufficient as I preferred to eat out and savour the local hawker food instead. The beach is quite clean, less crowded and lack of water sports vendors as compared to the Batu Ferringhi area.

Might think twice about staying here again but will only consider it for the price and location.

Room Tip: Deluxe room is spacious, corner rooms (guest room #1 and #2 on floors with guest rooms) have full se...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

The towel, bed sheets, pillow cases was so old, with stains and holes. The towel was more like a floor mat. I had to wipe myself dry with tissue and hair dryer. I had to bring out one of my clean t shirt to cover the top as pillow case. Furthermore service was bad, we requested for extra towel, their rude response was 1 room 2 towels only. Sound proofing sucks too. And limited parking lots.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed this hotel for 2 nights. Considering the price I paid, I did not have much expectations. The room is not that big with the simple shower and minimum amenities. I usually bring my own travel kits, so it was ok, but those who always use hotel amenities, better bring whole set of your own.
I used the hotel towel for the first night, but it was torn. I could tell that they have been using the same old towels. The room is clean, but the pool is questionable and I decided not to swim there. The room tv is not the flat LCD and old type which is too old fashioned. The breakfast has simple local selections. As the local cheap food place is just across the road, you can have better choice of the food.
TESCO is just 10mins walk from the hotel and you can stock up some snack and drinks.
Overall, it is not a bad hotel, but if you have better budget to enjoy the real resort, you should skip this hotel. Those who need a place to sleep with the sea view, but have limited budget, you can consider this hotel.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My first impression of my room is that it looked tired and shabby. The hook on the bathroom door for instance was missing, and they hadn't bothered to put one back up. In it's place was a mark where it had been ripped off.

Regarding the location, the best thing is the view of the sea, which is beautiful. However, if I were booking a hotel, I'd want to stay in the centre of Georgetown, and not here, which is out on a limb. There's not much to see here, apart from the sea.

I didn't think much of breakfast. The omelette, which they prepare freshly for you, is nice. However, they don't bother closing the lids on the containers, so most the food is lukewarm.

I found the staff to be friendly. Also, the food court outside the hotel is handy.

As I didn't pay for or chose this hotel, I can't comment on value for money. All I can say is that I was a bit disappointed with it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Literally that's the worst hotel I have never been. Fresh urine stained toilet seat, yellow linens, vanity doesn't drain the water. They have already changed the room twice for me, feels like I need to sleep in my jeans tonight. I checked the original price was 500+, now it's on sale. I got the price for RM 140. Now i totally understand. I don't think it's worth even RM 40.

Penang
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed in the Family Suite. The room was spacious and very big. It was really comfortable.
The basement car park to the ground floor (reception area) had only stairs. So you have to carry your bags up the stairs. Parking is limited at the carpark and if you are unlucky to hit a conference going on, then you have to park outside in the housing area.
Food at the restaurant was good for the pricing. A lot of variety. However, there was one meal where the white rice was undercooked.
Lift went blackout while we were inside, making it a scary situation as it was pitch darkness. Luckily, it only happened once during my 3 days stay.
Location is very good as there is a food court (Viva) just outside the hotel, making it very convenient to sample the local food.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Naza Hotel? Share your experiences!