Staying at Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion is exactly how I wanted my mother and siblings (total 9) to experience. It was indeed a real life time traveling machine.
The Mansion took us back to old Singapore where our Aunt used to lived(near MacRitchie Reservoir). We were literally transported to our childhood. Even my mother of 75 felt young all over again. The Blue Mansion is beautiful without saying. What I want to mention is the manager Poh Seow. Who went beyond his duty to make sure my family had a great time. He arranged for a surprise birthday cake for our mum's 75th and even took my family to the best Durians in town (no, we did not eat in the room). Poh, the manager, who constantly checked on every guest, making sure they were taken care of and at the same time, catered to our family of 9 needs. He definitely make our stay extremely pleasant and memorable. Thank you once again for your amazing attention, Poh.
with best regards,
The Yeo's family
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Mansion is a classic 19th Century Chinese courtyard mansion built by a man described by the New York Times as the 'Rockefeller of the East'. Saved from severe dilapidation in the 1990's it has won UNESCO's top award for conservation excellence as well as every worthy architectural and travel industry award over the last dozen years. The Blue Mansion now invites you to experience its recently refurbished grandeur with 18 neo-Chinese luxurious chambers. Enjoy al-fresco breakfast in the magnificence of its classic courtyards and take pleasure in Modern Cantonese fine-dining within the opulence of Cheong Fatt Tze's architectural splendour. This elegant restaurant which sits 100 pax was once the Family Area where womenfolk of the house would sew or relax, flanked by the Master's Chamber and the Handmaiden's Suite which are now private dining rooms for a party of 20. There's also an in-house museum, guided interpretation tours and glorious displays of antiques and artisan skills that present a lavish yet truly multi-layered cultural experience waiting to be discovered within The Blue Mansion's indigo walls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, EasyToBook, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Blue Mansion - by Samadhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion Hotel Georgetown
- The Blue Mansion - By Samadhi Penang/George Town